Crossbody Bag that is big enough

Jenz_Jas

Sep 16, 2011
Hi, I am desperately looking for a crossbody bag. I need it to be functional and practical. Functional to be big enough to hold more than just wallet. I carry stuffs, like my kid toy, food, umbrella and documents here and there. I prefer crossbody because then I can be hands free.

I used to carry LV totally .....but the straps kept falling off my shoulders. In the end, I need to use my hands to hold them in....means no longer hands free. That is difficult when I need to hold my daughter's hand as well as carry other things.

Reactions: gelbergirl
If you like LV, how about a Speedy B in whatever size works best to hold your stuff? The other option that came to mind is Prada nylon — lightweight, lots of compartments, easy crossbody wear, washable. If you don’t want to pay Prada prices, MZ Wallace has lots of options as well.

Reactions: Jenz_Jas
I dont know your price range but I'm not able to buy the high end luxury bags. But I do love the the ones i have. I have 2 that can be worn as cross body. A satchel and a more casual hobo-esque style bag.

My hobo can be a foldover top or more a north south bucket style by attaching the strap to the top. To add more room when running around with my son. It's the aimee kestenberg west 33rd convertible crossbody. My current daily wear and fav style. I'll be ordering it in a stone grey next for another neutral option. This one is metallic bronze .

My second crossbody is a satchel style. I can use the cross body nylon or leather strap (it came with both) or I can use the top handle. The satchel is nice as a more structured "mature look". Its the Dillion satchel by Aimee kestenberg. It also holds a lot . And has more pockets to be organized.

Attachments

• 20191009_155043.jpg
    20191009_155043.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20191007_150604.jpg
    20191007_150604.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20190927-112007_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190927-112007_Chrome.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 115
For light weight - Balenciaga part-time - its document sized but slouchy. More heavy duty my large Dior Gaucho is leather and fits a laptop easily , or just the other stuff you need without being too slouchy, & very long strap.
Also my 2011 Burberry bridle in black leather has a long extra crossbody strap that works great. I used the bag for work 6 months everyday and it never dropped a stitch. Still looks so good for what feels like a more delicate bag. I just ripper inside lining a little with all my keys and pens.