Cross your fingers for me!!!

You know what, its funny how things sometimes happen at the right time!

I've still not even gotten an email from the rescue. No confirmation, no phone call, no email, nada.

So two nights ago, I got a text from my friend, who's sister works at a vet clinic in a small suburb just outside the city. The police found a loose pit bull, with collar and tags, and brought it there (which is the policy there... The vet can euthanize after a set amount of days, by law there). They tried contacting the owner from the clinic phone for over a week, no answer and no call back, so finally one of the girls tried calling from a cell phone. A woman answered, and hung up when the vet tech said she was calling about a found dog. So my friends sister called the number again from HER cell phone an hour later, a guy picked up and denied owning a dog. She told him that the dog was going to be euthanized, and - get this!! - the guy says "okay, then you can keep him." wtf??! So the vet gave the okay for them to try and find a home since he's actually a VERY sweet dog, but only gave them until monday, sooooo voila, he's mine. :smile:

My friend and I introduced him to my dog to make sure they get along, and they did. So Monday he gets neutered, shots, and an official new home... And a new name... All instead of being put down because of crap owners.

He appears to be about a year old, and pretty thin (which you can't see in the photos - they were taken yesterday, I saw him today and was very surprised at his weight) I haven't decided on a new name yet (his name was young jeezy... Bleh)

I'm so excited!! And happy to actually be saving a dog that really needs it. :biggrin:

Attachments

• P__1912(1) (361x640).jpg
    P__1912(1) (361x640).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 102
  • P__43BB (361x640).jpg
    P__43BB (361x640).jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
^Bless your heart! I will never understand some people and the way they mistreat their animals. I've always thought it tells you a lot about the kind of person they are.

^I know, they've always been my favorite breed but I was never able to have one (my parents always said no no no). As soon as I saw her photos I got REALLY excited!

I was thinking about naming him Tucker or Trey. I'm leaning more towards Tucker. :smile:

He is adorable! I have always found that the right cat/dog will show up when you are ready for them. Congrats on your new baby. I love the name Tucker.

MORE BAD NEWS!!!

After hemming and hawing all week, the vet has decided to give him to someone else, that doesn't plan on neutering him. :sad: Me and my friend are heartbroken... this pup was so sweet! My friend actually owns two cats that this guy dumped on the vet after not being able to take care of them.

Guess this one wasn't meant to be afterall. :sad: :sad:

You know what, its funny how things sometimes happen at the right time!

I've still not even gotten an email from the rescue. No confirmation, no phone call, no email, nada.

So two nights ago, I got a text from my friend, who's sister works at a vet clinic in a small suburb just outside the city. The police found a loose pit bull, with collar and tags, and brought it there (which is the policy there... The vet can euthanize after a set amount of days, by law there). They tried contacting the owner from the clinic phone for over a week, no answer and no call back, so finally one of the girls tried calling from a cell phone. A woman answered, and hung up when the vet tech said she was calling about a found dog. So my friends sister called the number again from HER cell phone an hour later, a guy picked up and denied owning a dog. She told him that the dog was going to be euthanized, and - get this!! - the guy says "okay, then you can keep him." wtf??! So the vet gave the okay for them to try and find a home since he's actually a VERY sweet dog, but only gave them until monday, sooooo voila, he's mine. :smile:

My friend and I introduced him to my dog to make sure they get along, and they did. So Monday he gets neutered, shots, and an official new home... And a new name... All instead of being put down because of crap owners.

He appears to be about a year old, and pretty thin (which you can't see in the photos - they were taken yesterday, I saw him today and was very surprised at his weight) I haven't decided on a new name yet (his name was young jeezy... Bleh)

I'm so excited!! And happy to actually be saving a dog that really needs it. :biggrin:

Wow! He is a handsome man, congrats! I'm really glad things worked out not only for you but for him. You saved his life and that is such a blessing! I'm glad he now has a happy forever home, he's much better off with you than the unfortunate family he was with :/ that's so sad that people could just give up on a pet like that, their family!

I wish you nothing but the best with him :smile: Congrats again!!!

MORE BAD NEWS!!!

After hemming and hawing all week, the vet has decided to give him to someone else, that doesn't plan on neutering him. :sad: Me and my friend are heartbroken... this pup was so sweet! My friend actually owns two cats that this guy dumped on the vet after not being able to take care of them.

Guess this one wasn't meant to be afterall. :sad: :sad:
Wait, WHAT?? That sounds illogical and incredibly irresponsible of the vet. WTH? I'm so sorry you aren't getting to bring this pup home. I hope his new owner actually steps up and takes good care of him.