Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Keep and have the turnlock fixed

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Return it and wait for another one to come around

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

anatomyofafad

May 9, 2016
If this post looks at all familiar it's also in one of the Chanel FB groups - soliciting thoughts from all of my favorite Chanel fans. :')

Hi everyone!

I just received a preloved 7 series (~2002) lambskin/ghw classic flap that I purchased from a consignment shop in Japan via eBay and love the bag overall but unfortunately realized once I received it that the turnlock is crooked! :wtf::wtf::wtf:

The CCs themselves are right on but the actual locking mechanism looks to have been installed slightly off. See pics for what I mean~ The listing obviously had photos of the bag but they were taken from slightly off to the side so it wasn't super noticeable and also (my fault!) wasn't something I was looking critically for since I was so focused on looking at scratches/dinges/quilt health.

The bag was not by any criteria a steal/bargain (was about $3500+tax) so am trying to figure out whether or not I want to keep it and have the bag sent to leather surgeons/pros to have the lock removed and straightened or if I should just return it.

Main things holding me back from just shipping it back are the fact that despite the wonkiness the bag is still so pretty and is in far better condition than ones I've seen recently on US consignment sites (Fashionphile/Yoogis/etc.) going for far more $$$. And also, the hassle of international shipping. That said I know if I keep and don't fix it I'll always be staring at the crooked lock no matter how great the rest of the bag is. + Even if I do fix it I'll always know what had to be done to the bag to get it to a condition I'm satisfied with. Would you guys keep or return? Not sure if my :heart: for this bag is clouding my judgement.

Sidenote - does anyone here have a bag with a similar looking lock? Or have one that they've had fixed?

IMG_8001.JPG

IMG_7999.JPG

I vote #1 or #2 esp since you got a better deal; leather is is great condition; and, it’s a hassle to ship back. Good luck! For what it’s worth, I think it’s a beautiful bag!

Thanks!! :heart: I'm feeling less bothered by it overall having thought about it some - seems like it's pretty fixable should I ever want to go that route and I'm not sure that I'd be able to hunt down another one in similar condition leather wise.

I wasn't sure if I was being overdramatic about it - if I had bought this brand new definitely would have made a bigger fuss but as is I'm asking for a lot in looking for a vintage Chanel classic flap with perfect hardware and nearly perfect leather/structure. At the very least, hardware seems a bit more fixable than lambskin. :thinking: