Creme, lotion, or gel?

Habibti_XO

May 3, 2008
Can someone help me figure out the right moisurizer "type" for my skin? Right now I'm using the Erno Laszlo pHetyl Lotion, but it makes my face even more oily than it already is.

My face is also breaking out like crazy at the moment, so I think a creme would be way too heavy. What about a gel moisturizer? Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but I have pretty oily skin and have gone through many different moisturizers over the years--saldy so many work really well initially and then a few weeks later I find myself super oily and breaking out. I have been using DDF Glycolic 10% Exfoliating Moisturizer for the past few months and love it, I use it at night (not sure of it shoulod be used during the day), but it does a fabulous job and also has not caused me any breakouts. I have also used the Clinique dramatically different gel during the day and I like it, but without SPF I don't consider it very practical. Hope this helps!

I have combination skin. and I use the clinique 3 step set. it's a cleanser, toner and dramatically different moisturizer. I really like the moisturizer cuz once you put it on, it disappears! and it doesn't leave that gooey feeling at all!

My skin normally doesnt like Clinique, but the Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL (not lotion) is fabulous. Its oil free and light, but still moisturizes great. I have dry skin that is prone to clogged pores, but this doesn't do that. 2-3 little pumps of the bottle keeps my skin feeling happy all day! I have heard that oily-skinned girls love it too, ask for a sample, you might really love it!
edit: in regards to what talexs said about SPF, I SO wish they would come out with an spf version!! Until then I use an oil free sunscreen on top of it.

Last edited:
I'll have to try the clinique moisturizer then. With the moisturizer I'm using now, it feels like it just sits on top of my skin. :-/

How does the Clinique DDM Gel do with makeup? My cheeks are usually dry in the winter and even if I put a bucket of moisturizer on them, my foundation still looks a little bit flaky.

I'll have to try the clinique moisturizer then. With the moisturizer I'm using now, it feels like it just sits on top of my skin. :-/

How does the Clinique DDM Gel do with makeup? My cheeks are usually dry in the winter and even if I put a bucket of moisturizer on them, my foundation still looks a little bit flaky.
I dont have any trouble with DDMG and flakies under my makeup. My skin drinks it right up and it never fees like its just sitting on top. HTH!