Craquele:your thoughts?

Feb 9, 2009
I've recently seen the Prada Craquele bag on Miranda Kerr...I'm guessing she has the large size. I'm not sure on the color though. Looks different from the NM website. I'm really liking this one...not the typical "classic Prada"...but sort of "classic rock" to me.:supacool: I'm already dreaming of ways to wear it...:graucho:

Any info on the leather treatment? I hope it's not problematic like the cervo lux.

Attachments

• miranda-kerr-fashion-workshop-17b.jpg
    miranda-kerr-fashion-workshop-17b.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Craquele Tote.jpg
    Craquele Tote.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 220
I just saw this at Prada this week and what I saw looked more like what MIranda is carrying. I think this is a hot bag.

I really do like the gray.

I don't know anything about the leather treatment though.

I saw this bag in the gray at my Nordstrom and it is gorgeous!!!! I spent quite a bit of time talking to my SA about the finish. She told me that it is meant to crack and show through to the layer underneath. That is the nuance of that bag. I would love to have this one in the larger size - which I think is the one that is carried in the photo. It does also come in a glace calf finish on SAKS.com. I would love this bag, but I'm not sure I want to spend this much for it. I have a great SA and know if it goes on sale (and probably will) I will be first in line for it (the craquele one).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Prada Glace Calf Tote.jpg
    Prada Glace Calf Tote.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 592
I like the funky vibe of this bag but waiting to see if the finish will be like the cervo lux. I'm not willing to drop that much $ on a bag that will peel again.

If they make that baby in lamb, deer or goat I am all over it -- I really dig that style, however I won't be forking over any $ on any of those meant to be worn out, used, cracked or otherwise finishes. If I wanted a used bag I'd be down at the salvation army :roflmfao:

If they make that baby in lamb, deer or goat I am all over it -- I really dig that style, however I won't be forking over any $ on any of those meant to be worn out, used, cracked or otherwise finishes. If I wanted a used bag I'd be down at the salvation army :roflmfao:

They make it in the glace calf finish which isn't meant to crack. The craquele finish is goat leather.

I like this bag in the grey but so far it's not a must-have for me. Besides the price, it is arm bag and although there is a shoulder strap, I would prefer a bag this size to be a shoulder bag. My bambu gaufre has taught me this!

^^Yep, I feel the same way. I think this bag is beautiful though. I like the smaller sized one myself....can't wait for someone to get it so we can see it....Bagladee.:nuts:

Ooooohhh - probably will. Joanna is getting it as is Lisa and Norma. SSC0619 - how do you do this ban thing???? I don't think I could make it work. I said three more bags awhile ago and have since brought home one, have two coming early this week, have two WOCs in the pipeline and now I want this craquele. And I'm blaming it all on tPF:winkiss::winkiss::winkiss:

SSC0619 - how do you do this ban thing???

Hmm....wouldn't say it is really working for me. It has only been 3 1/2 weeks and I bought the Portobello during that time. BUT remember I got a dispensation (from myself) for it because I wanted it before the ban went into effect. Now I have a couple others that I am thinking "well I really wanted them before the ban went into effect too." LOL....I'm crazy too!

Hmm....wouldn't say it is really working for me. It has only been 3 1/2 weeks and I bought the Portobello during that time. but remember I got a dispensation (from myself) for it because I wanted it before the ban went into effect. But now I have a couple others that I am thinking "well I really wanted them before the ban went into effect too." LOL....I'm crazy too!

Too cute! I think we are all crazy, but at least we are crazy together. I so enjoy the gals here on tPF and especially in the Prada forum.:biggrin:

^^^ Bagladee - i can't see you being on a ban ever... :P you have two WOCs coming??? you're crazy... :nuts: do you know which colors are available in the style that alouette and ryry have? i already have the quilted black one, so i'm not sure if i should get another black WOC... i am *trying* to be good but all the pretty things on tPF are really bad for my wallet...

^^^ Bagladee - i can't see you being on a ban ever... :P you have two WOCs coming??? you're crazy... :nuts: do you know which colors are available in the style that alouette and ryry have? i already have the quilted black one, so i'm not sure if i should get another black WOC... i am *trying* to be good but all the pretty things on tPF are really bad for my wallet...

Currently the only two colors that the pleated WOC comes in is white and black. I am getting black. The quilted ones come in either classic CC or the reissue with the square lock. Tons of colors for those and either caviar or lamb. For my second one I am getting the metallic gray in lamb. I will need to go on a ban soon - my closet is running out of room. I'll have to take some pics after the rest of these bags land. It is getting really crowded in there. But in all honesty - I am using these bags and loving them all. Not a single regret in the whole lot:P. Chic you are not quite 25 and have many years to buy bags. I am catching up for all the years I wasn't buying designer things. When we were going to school we had two little ones - the first one we always tell was born smiling with a little blue pill in his hand. So now after six kids - it is MY turn!!!!!:yahoo: