Cracks appearing in edge coating of Christmas present bag!

Safeire

Mar 13, 2012
I got a Medium Candace in Black Cherry for Christmas. I loved the bag and was so happy about it! It's beautiful :smile:

Today, after not even using it every day since Christmas, I noticed that the edge coating is seriously cracking on one of the side wing things (you know, the part on either side of the bag, where it sticks out... where the breakaway zipper doesn't attach it).

I'm going to take it in to the store tomorrow to get them to take a look at it, because I wouldn't expect this sort of wear on the bag for at least one or two years, bare minimum! Did I just get a lemon, or has anyone else had this problem?

The first pic shows the two most massive cracks where the side wing attachs to the bag, and the second pic shows a ton of little micro cracks waiting to ruin my bag!

Attachments

• small - purse cracking 1.jpg
    small - purse cracking 1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 427
  • small - purse cracking 2.jpg
    small - purse cracking 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 415
Sorry this has happened to your bag.... I am sure they will make good on it...!
I was talking to an SA the other day when I was carring my blk cherry duffle and she said her mom had to exchange her BC candace for cracking on the edges.. :sad:
I sure hope theses are flukes...

I love the SAs at my store :smile: They saw the cracks and the manager immediately went to the back to find me a new one and she let me swap them. She said if it happened again, to bring it back to them.