Cracking canvas is "normal wear and tear"

She is one of the managers and sounded very discouraging. Said that she had to deal with a lot of Portobellos and it was always ruled as normal wear and tear. And they will call Only if something can be done :smile:
Ah, well... then go to another store or make your peace with it. After all, it's just a bag that sat in your closet, unused, for years.

"a very prominent and well-known design flaw" + "replaced on the spot regardless of age"
I don't think anyone on TPF has any objective data to back up these two claims. How many Portobellos have been sold and how many have been returned? Who knows, right? Could Portobellos show cracking more often than other bags? Maybe... but what is the likelihood that this particular SA has handled a Portobello return? Probably never.

:biggrin: Also, why is this a "design flaw" and not a "more delicate" bag? :biggrin:

*** Obviously I stand corrected - see OP's latest comments. ***
portobello cracking site:forum.purseblog.com

She is one of the managers and sounded very discouraging. Said that she had to deal with a lot of Portobellos and it was always ruled as normal wear and tear. And they will call Only if something can be done :smile:

Wait, so LV knows there was a problem with the Portobellos and said it "was always ruled as normal wear and tear?" When the customer did nothing to cause the problem or mis-handle the bag in any way? That sounds really absurd that any manager would have the nerve to say such a thing to a customer. Seeing as how there were so many problems with that particular bag you would think that LV would bend over backwards to help those who got stuck with defective bags. That's horrible re: nonexistent customer service!

i had an SA tell me once that storing the item in the box for long periods can contribute to canvas cracking earlier than normal. since you've rarely used the bag, just wondering if it was stored away in the box, and maybe that could be the cause?

i had an SA tell me once that storing the item in the box for long periods can contribute to canvas cracking earlier than normal. since you've rarely used the bag, just wondering if it was stored away in the box, and maybe that could be the cause?
vs letting them bake in the sun?

I think that SA of yours is stupid

One of the first threads is from the OP back in 2013, and she noticed then it was creasing and might crack. Personally I would've exchanged the bag then. I just think time is against her at this point, but hopefully she gets a positive resolution.
Yes, I brought the bag and showed it to SA soon after it was purchased. She agreed and showed me another bag, it also had the same crease at the same spot. and she said it was normal and if not, they would take care of it down the road.

Yes, I brought the bag and showed it to SA soon after it was purchased. She agreed and showed me another bag, it also had the same crease at the same spot. and she said it was normal and if not, they would take care of it down the road.

Guess she lied.....I do hope you get a good resolution. I would fight this one tooth and nail. That's just not right.