Cracked Sealant on SKA Handles. Repairable?

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
Hi everyone! I bought a pre-loved SKA which i just love, but the sealant is cracked along the entire length of both of the handles. Is this repairable?
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405980469.691670.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405980481.842366.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1405980494.142904.jpg

I had this exact problem with my RM Cupid. I called the company and they repaired it for me at no charge. I think it's worth a call to PS. There is also a thread here on fixing this problem yourself. I don't know if you'd want to go there. Some people seemed to have good results with this product you can buy to re-seal.

I had this exact problem with my RM Cupid. I called the company and they repaired it for me at no charge. I think it's worth a call to PS. There is also a thread here on fixing this problem yourself. I don't know if you'd want to go there. Some people seemed to have good results with this product you can buy to re-seal.

Oh really? Id like to at least look at the thread. Do you have the link?

Oh wow~ great links, ladies! Thanks! Im still waiting to hear from the seller: this issue wasnt disclosed, and to me its rather significant being the entire length of both handles. The seller has been exceptionally awesome, so im sure she will make it right.

Hi, I know the older PS1:s were not perfect on the edges. There were unevenness and some cracks when new. It was ok as long as the sealant protected the edges. It's hard to say how much of the cracks on your handles are due to wear though.