***Coveted & Chic Cluny Club***

20180901_143751.jpg

Hi this is my first post so I apologize if it's not the right place to post. I just bought and returned a cluny BB in epi leather noir. When I bought it, it was the last one and a floor model. I drove 2 hours to get there so I felt I had no choice. Everything seemed fine - SA was going to replace the key dongle but I bought it. At home I found some scratches. SA ordered me a new one so I drove back.

New one that was shipped from France had visible glue, loose threads, a chunk of leather missing from the key dongle but the major issue I had was these white particles in the grooves (the one I originally bought didn't have this problem). SA said it was from the dust bag but she tried and couldn't clean it off. She said with use it would go away. I didn't really believe her but she said this is just how epi leather is like and if I couldn't deal with it then the bag isn't for me. In the end I refunded it. I still want to buy the cluny bb so can anyone tell me if this is normal for epi leather? Seems strange especially for a new one. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Strep2031
View attachment 4180333

Hi this is my first post so I apologize if it's not the right place to post. I just bought and returned a cluny BB in epi leather noir. When I bought it, it was the last one and a floor model. I drove 2 hours to get there so I felt I had no choice. Everything seemed fine - SA was going to replace the key dongle but I bought it. At home I found some scratches. SA ordered me a new one so I drove back.

New one that was shipped from France had visible glue, loose threads, a chunk of leather missing from the key dongle but the major issue I had was these white particles in the grooves (the one I originally bought didn't have this problem). SA said it was from the dust bag but she tried and couldn't clean it off. She said with use it would go away. I didn't really believe her but she said this is just how epi leather is like and if I couldn't deal with it then the bag isn't for me. In the end I refunded it. I still want to buy the cluny bb so can anyone tell me if this is normal for epi leather? Seems strange especially for a new one. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Not normal. You made a good decision by walking away.
I don't have a cluny but my alma bb is in black epi. It does not look like the picture you attached.

Reactions: Namwan-
I’m wondering how are the mono holding up? I don’t see too many reviews on this bag and it seems the mono isn’t very popular. I ordered it in bb last week and I’m wondering if there are any issues/ defects with is bag?

I’m wondering how are the mono holding up? I don’t see too many reviews on this bag and it seems the mono isn’t very popular. I ordered it in bb last week and I’m wondering if there are any issues/ defects with is bag?
I got mine for 5 months now, no quality issues so far and I’m loving it. It fits so much and the strap is so comfy on your shoulder

Reactions: Miss World and KS3
I got mine for 5 months now, no quality issues so far and I’m loving it. It fits so much and the strap is so comfy on your shoulder

Thank you so much for your reply! Glad you’re happy with it. I was getting nervous about some of the posts here. I really don’t want to go through another bag with glazing and cracking issue. This is such a beautiful bag.

I'm so excited to be adding the Cluny BB in Vieux Rose back to my collection! I had originally purchased a year ago but exchanged for my DE Speedy B 30, which is for sure more practical in many ways, but my :heart: still skips a beat for the Cluny BB! I'm just so grateful I could track one down on eBay, as I kept striking out at the boutiques. Will post picks when she arrives next week :biggrin:

Reactions: simplyhappy
I'm so excited to be adding the Cluny BB in Vieux Rose back to my collection! I had originally purchased a year ago but exchanged for my DE Speedy B 30, which is for sure more practical in many ways, but my :heart: still skips a beat for the Cluny BB! I'm just so grateful I could track one down on eBay, as I kept striking out at the boutiques. Will post picks when she arrives next week :biggrin:

So she arrived and is as beautiful as I remember! The only odd thing I noticed that I don't remember is that the top handle isn't perfectly flat, but it tilts back a little. Is that normal?

IMG_20190316_110938.jpg

Reactions: Strep2031