Travel Countries You're Not Bothered About Ever Visiting....

Russia
South America, I think it's beautiful but never felt the urge to go.
Germany
Netherlands
Middle East

Forgive me but I would like add that the ignorance about India is really shocking. I mean I get it if you don't like it, don't get me wrong, there is pollution, overpopulation and poverty. Also, you probably will get food poisoning if you eat out at random spots and there is some despicable crime....
However it's not all what the media has shown. We have french and dutch quarters of India that are gorgeous and pretty much unseen, North India has the Taj hotels that make you feel like royalty because most of them are palaces that are being used for hotels. Kerala is lush and green and also the most educated people in India are from there which means it is safer. It also has the second largest pool of doctors & scientists in the world.
On a final note....According to the Guardian, just 7% of reported rapes in the U.K. resulted in convictions during 2011-12. In Sweden, the conviction rate is as low as 10%. France had a conviction rate of 25% in 2006. Poor India, a developing nation with countless challenges, managed an impressive 24.2% conviction rate in 2012......the US is #1 for the most rape in the world. India is #4. That is still too high and many go unreported so of course it is not that safe and being a foreign country it is worse so I'm not saying you should go but some of the comments on here were a little cringe worthy.

Russia
South America, I think it's beautiful but never felt the urge to go.
Germany
Netherlands
Middle East

Forgive me but I would like add that the ignorance about India is really shocking. I mean I get it if you don't like it, don't get me wrong, there is pollution, overpopulation and poverty. Also, you probably will get food poisoning if you eat out at random spots and there is some despicable crime....
However it's not all what the media has shown. We have french and dutch quarters of India that are gorgeous and pretty much unseen, North India has the Taj hotels that make you feel like royalty because most of them are palaces that are being used for hotels. Kerala is lush and green and also the most educated people in India are from there which means it is safer. It also has the second largest pool of doctors & scientists in the world.
On a final note....According to the Guardian, just 7% of reported rapes in the U.K. resulted in convictions during 2011-12. In Sweden, the conviction rate is as low as 10%. France had a conviction rate of 25% in 2006. Poor India, a developing nation with countless challenges, managed an impressive 24.2% conviction rate in 2012......the US is #1 for the most rape in the world. India is #4. That is still too high and many go unreported so of course it is not that safe and being a foreign country it is worse so I'm not saying you should go but some of the comments on here were a little cringe worthy.

But just like you named places you don't want to go to; how is that different from others not wanting to go to India? You have your reasons for not wanting to go to Germany, Netherlands and Middle East; why can't some people not want anything to do with India?

Last edited: