Countdown Has Begun de Sarno's Gucci Men's AW24

Time to dust off your larger Jackies, Half-moon hobos, tie-wear, 'brothel-creeper-loafers'
and Marine chain necklaces.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 15.51.55.png

Oversized coats and asymmetrical-fastening jackets went over 'half-dressed' skinny/slouchy silhouettes. As a guy, I think someone would have to be quite slim with a long vertical line to pull-off the stylist's vision.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 15.51.16.png

I'm happy I already have a large olive Jackie (mine's with a web-stripe) coz I love Chartreuse but not so keen maybe on the patent.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 15.52.39.png

I'm not into sig-print too often but I love these half-gloves. I'm glad I already have a Half-moon hobo of this size too, great men's classic bag.

Gucci sell a lot of shirts. Obviously not for AW

I definitely would like one (or two) of those chin/scarf/ties, great idea! Looking forward to seeing how this translates to Women's AW24

Reactions: snibor and ctimec
Love the Jackie in the larger sizes, and I’m excited to see the new hardware in person. (Unpopular opinion, I know) I recently bought a small Jackie in the pebbled leather with the piston hardware and returned it, because it was too small. It pained me to return it, as it was one of the last ones available, but it doesn’t fit much. Hoping to see more medium sized Jackies and in more leather options like calfskin for women’s AW24!

Love the Jackie in the larger sizes, and I’m excited to see the new hardware in person. (Unpopular opinion, I know) I recently bought a small Jackie in the pebbled leather with the piston hardware and returned it, because it was too small. It pained me to return it, as it was one of the last ones available, but it doesn’t fit much. Hoping to see more medium sized Jackies and in more leather options like calfskin for women’s AW24!

I agree, the current offerings are too mini for me too.

I have the Bouvier (like a Jackie but flatter) and it has a retracting hook clasp. Looks like they may have put the Bouvier hw on the Jackie.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 18.23.00.png

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 18.25.56.png

Colours are lovely IMO

That color is wonderful. I like this hardware a lot for a more casual look. The piston is gorgeous, but just a hair on the dressy side. I would love a larger, slouchy Jackie with this hardware. Thanks for the pics!
Also like the cuts of the menswear jackets. Minimal with a little drama. Hoping for some menswear inspired looks for the women’s collection.

• Thanks
Reactions: papertiger
I love the colors and some of the silhouettes. I am NOT a fan of patent leather so none of those bags appeal to me. My SA showed me what's coming but I can't remember if the patent things were also coming in non-patent version. I'll be in the store tomorrow and will ask him to see it again.

• Insightful
Reactions: papertiger
I''m glad to see these big bags, even if are supposed to be worn by men.
I' me rather surprised to see patent chartreuse, that finishing isn't common for Gucci, is it ?

I'm pleased to see big bags and proper leather bags worn by men. All I am seeing on the street and Tube (subway) are horrible nylon backpacks.

I have a patent Gucci from 1969 and Gucci have done interesting finishes on leather before, so many interesting things but not for a wile. The Jackie 1961 out now is polished leather I think. It scratches, but as worn more blends and ages beautifully (a lit like Hermes Box leather). My newest all-black BTH 1947 looks like polished leather from a distance but it's actually stamped (but still feels nice).

The The chartreuse (gorgeous colour) looks more like a 'wet-look' soft patent (unlike my formal '69 style). Good for the rain, but needs left out and used - not stored for long periods.

I don't think Gucci makes enough of its leathers. Most of Gucci's leathers are much better than some of Hermes!

I'm pleased to see big bags and proper leather bags worn by men. All I am seeing on the street and Tube (subway) are horrible nylon backpacks.

I have a patent Gucci from 1969 and Gucci have done interesting finishes on leather before, so many interesting things but not for a wile. The Jackie 1961 out now is polished leather I think. It scratches, but as worn more blends and ages beautifully (a lit like Hermes Box leather). My newest all-black BTH 1947 looks like polished leather from a distance but it's actually stamped (but still feels nice).

The The chartreuse (gorgeous colour) looks more like a 'wet-look' soft patent (unlike my formal '69 style). Good for the rain, but needs left out and used - not stored for long periods.

I don't think Gucci makes enough of its leathers. Most of Gucci's leathers are much better than some of Hermes!
Thank you for this development !
Personally I'm fond of their leathers too, although I have only had 3 of them until now.
May I ask you why patent should be taken out and not remain stored for long ?
I like patent a lot, but must say I stay away from patent leather concerning luxury products, as I always fear they might age badly for the spending.

Thank you for this development !
Personally I'm fond of their leathers too, although I have only had 3 of them until now.
May I ask you why patent should be taken out and not remain stored for long ?
I like patent a lot, but must say I stay away from patent leather concerning luxury products, as I always fear they might age badly for the spending.

Patent was basically liquid plastic (not porous) over leather (porous). Leather should never be stored in a confined space for long periods anyway. At Gucci (and H) the SAs don't recommend storage in boxes for a long time, just dust bags (even then check they're pure cotton - which a lot of Gucci's are not). If you've seen leather 'bloom' that's from lack of ventilation, leather needs to 'breath'. It's even more important not to enclose patent leather. The moisture has nowhere to go. In a confined place, patent can matte, go soft, lor crack. I had a pair of mid-1950s, vintage black patent Rayne shoes (very old British brand our late Queen used to wear) and you could see where they'd been stored too long in their box because the cardboard had slightly stuck to the patent where they'd touched the sides as the patent had softened. Maybe the humidity pouches that come with some seaweed, salt or rice could help, but it seems patent just does much better out.

It makes it difficult to refurb because someone can't clean/moisturise, but I have Gucci velvet, velour, stamped, lizard, pony, hair-calf, python, croc, alligator, polished calf, goat, patent (OK not a good example mine's terrible) vegetable tanned calf, full-grain, boar, eel and probably others and I can't clean/feed more than half and they're still gorgeous after years and years. I'm not dying for something soft-patent but I am interested in looking, always great to have a bag you can take in the rain and especially in a lighter colour one doesn't have to baby.

Reactions: Muffin_Top