Costume Jewelry - Dior vs Chanel

oranGetRee

**I am a Vain Pot**
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
I know I’m posting in a Dior forum so I might get more Dior supporters for this question.

Which do you think is of a better quality? Dior or Chanel costume Jewelry?

Dior ones are very easy to find and Chanel ones seem to sell like hot cakes. I always have problem getting my hands on any of the ones I like. The snobbish Chanel SAs are definitely making things worse for me.

just want to hear everyone’s opinion on this. Which one is of better quality? Thanks!

I love both of their costume jewelry. However I always see Chanel jewelry losing their little gems or pearls. For the money they charge is pretty unacceptable. And I second the snobbish Chanel associates. The Dior ones are so so so sweet! And the Chanel associates make me feel so rushed and can’t take my time.

Reactions: oranGetRee
Some Dior jewelry is actually hard to find. It took me a while to track down my J'ADIOR chain bracelet. And for a while, the Danceuse Etoile necklace and bracelet were completely sold out.

And even though some of Chanel's "classic" CC styles sell very well, there are always many pieces of costume jewelry available in stock (may not always be their "classic" CC styles), with several of them making it to their seasonal sales because they don't sell as well.

So I think both brands have pieces that sell out and pieces that end up going on sale.

As for quality, I know Dior has good quality on their costume jewelry. They last for a long time. My mom has a Chanel necklace with pearls which have not fallen off yet (she is very careful with it), but I am afraid that they may start falling out one day because they stick out a lot more than crystals on the CC pendant.

I love my Chanel associate, but I heard Chanel costume jewelry isn't that durable.I got quite a few Chanel brooches / earrings /necklaces etc and they have maintained well however. The prices of Dior are more reasonable though. I recently got the Dior signature hair clip over the cursive writing hair clip from Chanel partly because the price is way more reasonable.

Reactions: oranGetRee
The only Chanel costume jewellery I have is a heavily crystal encrusted chain belt from more than 10 years ago and I have to be so careful with it. Reports are that the jewellery is even worse now so there's no way I'd go near. My Dior Tribal earrings seem still ok after years but the posts do bend. I far prefer the aesthetics of Dior jewellery too. I'd go for Dior.

Chanel vintage is a whole different thing. It's no surprise I like Dior more under Victoire de Castellane. Either for Chanel or Dior, I love her designs and vintage Chanel is beautifully made.

Thanks for all the comments.

once I went into Chanel to ask about a costume Jewelry. The SA checked and replied that there was no stock. She just stopped there, with no other options offered.

On the other hand, my Dior SA is the sweetest. She will message me when there are new pieces in store that she thinks would suit me and reserve those that I want.

Really... hope Chanel stops judging people’s dressing. It does not mean we cannot afford the items

I have no Dior jewelry, but I do have a pair of Chanel earrings. These are CC pearl encrusted earrings, with a dangling pearl. However, the pearls that are encrusted were falling out and Chanel has repaired them twice. Unfortunately, pearls were still falling out so I bought jewelry glue and small pearls so I can repair them myself. This works much better for me, but because of this I definitely agree on the quality of the jewelry, which is subpar.

Was saying how good Dior’s quality is and this happened... sigh. One of my Dior tribal earrings gave way. My SA told me to bring over for repair. Let’s see how it goes

Attachments

• 8EAC5B0D-6877-4495-8578-3EC38AE90230.jpeg
    8EAC5B0D-6877-4495-8578-3EC38AE90230.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 166