corporette, which color and hardware do you wear with your suit?

Whos

Feb 25, 2009
I finally decided to go for my first Bbag, I think I will go with City first, but I am a corporette, wear black\dark brow\navy blue suits from Mon-Thu, even in summer, my shirts are basically just white or grey button down shirts, my skirts are beige or navy blue pencil or A-shape....quite dull and conservative. I checked the the thread "photos wearing your Bbags...", barely anyone modelling bags with professional attire...so I am wondering any of here are a banker or lawyer and what color and hardware do you wear to work?

My thought is black or the 09 Praline color, RH or SGH. I love GGH, but I am an Asia, I fell Gold hardware would be too shiny and obvious to wear to a conservative working environment?

I would go with a Ruby city then with SGH. I think that Ruby is such a classy red. It has blueish undertones and is deep so it doesn't stand out at you. With darks, black, navy's, it would give you a nice snap from the drab. Doing the SGH would make it look stylish without the standout of the gold. Ruby with GSH would look corporate enough and still give you a little jump in you step.

I would go with giant hardware or regulare hardware but remove tassels. I think tassels with a suit would look weird. As for color, anthra, black, officier, charbon, any of the neutrals would be great!

If you want something a bit conservative, what about a black GGH Brief? It doesn't have the tassels that make B-bags look a bit more casual. Also, you can carry the bag so that the back is "out", i.e. people will only see the two back GGH "thimbles" and when you're away from the office, you can flip it to the front where there's more GGH!

If you'd like a RH bag, I know a lot of people think this is just "wrong" but I've trimmed my tassles on a Rouille City. The bag looks great and the lack of long tassles makes it less casual. I basically took one long tassle and cut it up to be enough for all three zipper pulls. Plus that way, you'll always have enough tassles!

wickedassin, like your idea about wearing GGH differently. Also I am looking for a pre 07 bag coz I think goatskin is matte so it is more appropriate, but it is not easy to find...

^^ You can find matte newer bags too, they each vary in shinyness.

The 07 bags are actually very shiny, so that may not be what you're looking for. Generally speaking, the 08 and 09 bags are more matte than the 07's.

Thanks REREsurus, I just do not know much yet.

so everyone agrees that tassel should not be there, a RH without tassel would be like...a regular briefcase?:sweatdrop:

LOL. Bal could never be misconstrued for a regular breifcase. :P

I think tassels are okay even in a working environment, but that must be because I'm of a younger crowd. How do you feel about cutting the tassels to be shorter? A rh Bal without tassels looks strange IMHO...? :shrugs: