Coppola Slim clutch questions!

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
This is my FIRST ever post in the LV forum - so be kind. :P I'm strictly a Balenciaga girl, but ever since I saw a photo of the Sofia Coppola slim clutch I've been longing for it. I did a search but didn't find the exact answers I was looking for hence the post. Three questions:

1). I'd love to hear reviews from anyone that has this bag already, and or a description of what fits inside. I assume with a bag like this you don't carry a wallet - just put money and cards in the bag. Does it have any interior pockets?

2). Do the three surfaces (black suede with gold trim, grey suede, and monogram) all have different sizes? I looked on the LV site and it listed all 3 has being different sizes from each other. Is this true? I prefer a larger size, but the material I prefer (asphalt suede) looks like the smallest of the three and I'm worried it will be too small.

3). How hard would it be to find one of these beauties (I'm favoring the suede grey clutch) are they easy to find, or have I missed the boat? Is it a limited edition or will it be around for a while?

Thanks so much for replies and having me over on your forum! :biggrin:

I just got the monogram one. I think it is larger than the suede. Suede scares me as i think it is easier damaged as it is handheld. Mine has 4 slots for credit cards and comes with a LV mirror. I could fit keys, money, etc. It actually is roomy and has more room on the inside part where the credit cards go. It opens up to sort of a pouch that goes north/south if this makes sense.

I find the mono clutch holds far more than I expected. It is one of my favorite purses.
lvSCclutchinnerds.jpg

lvSCclutchcreditcard.jpg

Hey beaux! :nuts: Come on over to the Light Side :graucho:

^^I know! How shocking is it to see *ME* looking at such a stylish little clutch?! I read an article about S.C. and this line where she was saying how the clutch is great to have in your other "day bag" (and you know I have plenty of BIG bags) and then pull out to use on it's own - or for evening. I'm trying to justify the cost for such a little bag - but so far I haven't found any other clutch that grabs my attention!

^^I know! How shocking is it to see *ME* looking at such a stylish little clutch?! I read an article about S.C. and this line where she was saying how the clutch is great to have in your other "day bag" (and you know I have plenty of BIG bags) and then pull out to use on it's own - or for evening. I'm trying to justify the cost for such a little bag - but so far I haven't found any other clutch that grabs my attention!

I love the balance in my hand. I was the same way, worried a clutch would be too small. But I loved the bag so much, I downsized and found such freedom in not carrying the world in my bag.

I also have a vintage alligator clutch (on the left, with a small handle)
P4060130.jpg

and a Jimmy Choo:
091ZULULBLE_medium_fr_Mango.jpg

It is all about how it fits your hand, or under your arm. Try them on.

This also works as a clutch (under USD$900) and is really roomy, can be worn on the shoulder, or carried as a handbag:
elux_lvuitton_epi.jpg

I love this clutch.
Ever since it came out, I can not stop thinking about it.
And now that there have been pics posted, I am going to have to see this item in person.

I think it is a great alternative to carrying a big bag should the moment allow it, and it appears to hold quite a good amount.
As for a mono bag vs suede, it is kind of a very unique mono bag.
Good luck with your decision!

Last edited: