Convince Me!

For the opening of the campana issue. It will be fine if you don't carry much in your bag. The magnetic closure works. For the double strap issue, it does bother me sometimes but I finally get used to it. But I won't carry it as traveling bag. I won't say that it's the perfect bag for every occasion. When I carry it to see a movie I sometimes worry that I might drop something out of the bag. The intrecciato nappa bag works best for me at the moment.

I have to say I thought the Intrecciato Nappa bag looked a little dull just sitting, but you're right - it does look fantastic on the shoulder! I'll add it to my list! Thank you for the pics, they've been really helpful. And I'm so jealous of your gorgeous collection :O

The Intrecciato napa bag is very deep so you will definitely be fishing around for your belongings. However, it does sit on the shoulder much better than either the veneta or campana. My decision came down to those 3 bags and I ended up with an ebano large veneta. They each have negatives but at least the veneta has a full zipper closure. I like it, don't love it. It's practical enough but I find myself wishing I had gone with the Steel color instead. Ebano is a nice shade of brown but the finish is very dull. In the summer I may purchase another in a more lively color and different style. The quality and workmanship are excellent and the price points are modest compared to similar quality in Hermes, Chanel and the all leather LVs.

I agree re. the price point. I was shocked when I found out BV was handmade considering the 'handmade' aspect is used as a justification for the Hermes sky-high prices. Thank you for the input regarding the various styles - it's really useful to hear about other people's experiences with their bags. I'm not sure the lack of a zipper would bother me on the Campana, or the digging around in the Intrecciato Nappa (used to it haha) but I guess I need to see for myself! Sorry you only like and not love your Veneta. It's a shame as for these prices we really should love the bags we buy to bits. But at least the silver lining is it's practical and presumably you get a lot of use out of it!

BV is very special and each & every bag is handcrafted with unbelievable
craftsmanship & workmanship.... if you live near a major city, would just
walk into a BV store or a store that sells BV bags and just have the "experience"

If you are looking for a BV evening bag, the "knots" are glorious... they are
available in a wide variety of skins & leathers...

Just enjoy....

Thank you! I feel sappy saying it but I am getting this weird feeling that BV is special - without ever having seen one in person!

I live near London so am going to arrange a day trip and visit a boutique :woohoo:

I do love the Knot, but I'm not much of an evening-out person. Will definitely be on the agenda once I've gotten my everyday BV though!

Hello, I'm an LV newbie fan. Though I have always admired BV from afar ,I never dared to enter BV stores because my DH did not like how it looks.But recently, after a year of buying LV's, I found myself lurking here, looking at BV bags and I'm in love.:love: There's something about its quiet luxury that speaks mega volume of elegance.

Now, I am Officially a convert and cannot wait for my first BV purchase! What should I get for my first BV bag and wallet?;) Help!

Hello, I'm an LV newbie fan. Though I have always admired BV from afar ,I never dared to enter BV stores because my DH did not like how it looks.But recently, after a year of buying LV's, I found myself lurking here, looking at BV bags and I'm in love.:love: There's something about its quiet luxury that speaks mega volume of elegance.

Now, I am Officially a convert and cannot wait for my first BV purchase! What should I get for my first BV bag and wallet?;) Help!

Welcome! I'm very new too :cool: You will love BV better! Try a veneta and a French flap if you don't carry too many cards. See the style reference library. Then the next thing to decide is the colour. Go to the boutique to take a look at this season's offerings and the colour reference library for ideas.

Another newbie here from the LV side. Definitely go and try on the bags if you can.

I agonized over my first BV for what seemed liked months. Finally went to the SF boutique after Christmas and bought the iconic ebano Veneta much to my surprise because I had planned to buy a black bag and was debating on the style. 3 days later, I went back for the matching lanyard and couple more days later, popped into the Carmel boutique with a care question and came out with a cosmetic bag. Good thing my vacation was up! I just love the way the bag drapes and feel so supple in my hand :smile:

Hi GreyFeather!

Remember my first post that my Veneta is in Narita Custom:graucho::graucho:My first BV? DD modelling it for me. It's a large Veneta Blue Lagoon. With a TPFer's help,she bought this bag at half price for ME!!:biggrin: I hope to see yours ASAP too.

Attachments

• bv3.jpg
    bv3.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 156