Contemporary designers w/ potential to become Premier

JenJBS

Sep 22, 2019
What Contemporary/less known designers do you think have the potential to one day become Premier? Why?

Here's my list:

The Row - Extraordinary quality leather and workmanship. Minimalist styling should help keep the designs from becoming 'dated' too quickly.

Fount - Excellent full-grain leather. Solid brass hardware. High quality craftsmanship. I doubt they'll ever be the bags actresses carry on the red carpet; but high quality bags that can easily stand up to daily use - yes.

Polene - French chic! Excellent leather.

Behno - Unique look. Great quality. Socially conscious, which I think will play a part in future Premier brands.

What Contemporary/less known designers do you think have the potential to one day become Premier? Why?

Here's my list:

The Row - Extraordinary quality leather and workmanship. Minimalist styling should help keep the designs from becoming 'dated' too quickly.

Fount - Excellent full-grain leather. Solid brass hardware. High quality craftsmanship. I doubt they'll ever be the bags actresses carry on the red carpet; but high quality bags that can easily stand up to daily use - yes.

Polene - French chic! Excellent leather.

Behno - Unique look. Great quality. Socially conscious, which I think will play a part in future Premier brands.
Totally agree with The Row. Understated luxury.

More often than not, premier is separated from contemporary by design, price-point and market anyway.

I think The Row is premier in terms of products, prices, marketing. It's modern luxury.

It's best bag brands find a USP and niche in the market and don't lose it IMO. There's no shame in being a contemporary brand so long as the products are good quality and are good value.

More often than not, premier is separated from contemporary by design, price-point and market anyway.

I think The Row is premier in terms of products, prices, marketing. It's modern luxury.

It's best bag brands find a USP and niche in the market and don't lose it IMO. There's no shame in being a contemporary brand so long as the products are good quality and are good value.

Perfectly said! Agree that there's nothing wrong with Contemporary. Some of my favorite bags are Contemporary. All current Premier brands were once Contemporary, imo. I think of the difference in Contemporary and Premier as price and staying power. The Contemporary brands that have the quality, USP, and market (the things you mention) to stand the test of time - and be worth a higher price - and flourish in a competitive industry become Premier.

I actually would agree with you on The Row as being premier already (it certainly has premier pricing), it's just somewhat under the radar for a lot of people. Well known among the celeb set. And the quality is great IMHO.