Constance in Epsom?

My experience is with the constance long wallet in epsom. Is very sturdy and no scratches under the clasp. I think it's a great leather for the constance because the construction is such that the leather is not prone to wrinkles etc.

Reactions: tramcaro
I must be the only one who is not as careful opening my Epsom Constance because a couple of weeks ago, I did notice two more flat areas in the leather under the clasp. After some careful examination, I realized that it was my nails going under the clasp to open it. It definitely hurt when I realized what it was, but too late now.

So in short, OP's original post is true for Epsom for those like me who are not as careful or opening/closing the clasp correctly. :crybaby:

I must be the only one who is not as careful opening my Epsom Constance because a couple of weeks ago, I did notice two more flat areas in the leather under the clasp. After some careful examination, I realized that it was my nails going under the clasp to open it. It definitely hurt when I realized what it was, but too late now.

So in short, OP's original post is true for Epsom for those like me who are not as careful or opening/closing the clasp correctly. :crybaby:

Oh no, that must have been disheartening! I'' sorry that happened. Have you figured out a way to fix that or to avoid it in future opening/closing of the clasp?

My experience is with the constance long wallet in epsom. Is very sturdy and no scratches under the clasp. I think it's a great leather for the constance because the construction is such that the leather is not prone to wrinkles etc.

Is there a way to open the clasp to minimize the damage it can potentially do? I heard it's hard to open...

I have a 24 in Epsom but it's only a few months old so I can't really say how it's going to wear yet.

I have a micro Constance in Epsom that I've had for about 4 years. This bag has gotten a lot of use (it was actually one of my most used bags before I got an iPhone 6+). It is showing lots of wear on the buckle and even on the leather. Since the buckle is so small I did scratch the leather with my nails. It doesn't really help that the buckle is so hard to open on this particular bag. I also wasn't really careful with it.

That being said I still love it and I still love Epsom leather. It's actually one of my favorite leathers. I just plan to be a lot more careful with the 24 [emoji6]

Hi everyone just scored my first Constance 24 in Paris yesterday! It's noir epsom leather with a light blue enamel buckle. Happy to know that if I'm careful enough I can minimize the scratches at the bottom of the buckle. I read somewhere that there might be a problem with the enamel peeling or is more prone to scratches compared to a ghw or phw buckle? Grateful if anyone can share their experience with me regards to this! Tia!

Reactions: tramcaro
Hi everyone just scored my first Constance 24 in Paris yesterday! It's noir epsom leather with a light blue enamel buckle. Happy to know that if I'm careful enough I can minimize the scratches at the bottom of the buckle. I read somewhere that there might be a problem with the enamel peeling or is more prone to scratches compared to a ghw or phw buckle? Grateful if anyone can share their experience with me regards to this! Tia!

Congrats on your Constance!! I've had my enamel buckle Constance for a few months now and it is close to pristine. I don't anticipate the enamel peeling and I think it shows scratches less than a solid color buckle. I carry the bag a lot but am super careful with it though bc it's swift and a light color. IMG_1476555200.337918.jpg

congrats! I have been waiting for c24 with enamel buckle for eternity! please do share pics!

@ayc here's a photo of my new Constance 24! I was quite unsure of the blue buckle at first since I'm used to seeing GHW and PHW but starting to appreciate the contrast of the buckle with the black leather more and more

It is so pretty! CONGRATS! Please share us your story and how it went at FSH. So excited to hear your journey!