Confused=Please Help With My Purchase:

EP27

Dec 29, 2012
dc-fashion-news-louis-vuitton-monogram.html

Hello LV Ladies:

I am going to purchase a purse in Feb and I have been researching since January and still cannot make up my mind. If you guys could please help me out. I wanted to spend around the $1,700 range.

Metis Hobo $1,670: Reasons- I like that it is a hobo I currently have Speedy Azur 30 and Eva clutch Azur so it would be my first monogram/hobo. I like that it is versatile in different ways to carry it. I like that it is different and unlike other LV hobos it is more detailed in the hardware with the pocket.

Alma BB Vernis $1,400 Color: Indian Rose: Reasons: I love the vernis pattern. It stands out. I do not carry a lot in my purse other than, Phone.wallet,keys sometimes makeup bag and nook. I like how I can carry it 3 different ways although I think bc of the size I would mostly use it cross body or over the shoulder. Concerned with wether I could use the Indian Rose during the winter.

Alma PM Vernis $1,700 Color: Indian Rose or Amarante: I love the vernis pattern. I do like that it is big enough so that I am comfortable holding it by hand/arm. I like both colors my only concern is that my aunt is going to be purchasing the Brea Vernis in Amarante and I am not sure if that would be breaking girl code if I get the Alma pm in Amarante. I wish it had the option of carrying over the shoulder that is my only draw back.

Artsy MM $1,670 Monogram: I love that it is a hobo which was what I was originally going for and the braided detail. I wish there was some more detail in the front of the bag like the Galliera (sorry if I misspelled). By the way the only reason the Galliera Monogram is not on my confused list is bc my aunt has it in azur as well as her cousin in monogram. Would be weird to walk into a room with 3 people who have the same purse and I was the last one to get it. I would probably get crooked looks. Anyways I love the way the Artsy falls when its carries.

Pochette Metis $1,410: I love the detail, the overall look and that it can be carried over the shoulder/cross body.

If you guys could please help by providing your input I would greatly appreciate it bc my sister has no clue what I am talking about and my husband thinks I am speaking another language. lol

Thanks.

You should buy the one that fit your lifestyle. Do you have a LV store that you can go try them on? I like the Rose Indien Alma the best. Second choice would be the Metis Pochette. But I would suggest you buy it before Feb. 1 because there will be a price increase. Good luck on your decision.

I just saw a picture of the alma bb in another forum and I think I can take that one off the list bc I want a statement piece that is a little bigger. I do not wear any jewelry to work bc I work with kids and I come home in paint and glitter every day so my bags are used for dinner/drinks with friends and husband, travelings, errands etc.
Thanks for the comments I was able to cancel one out so far.

I agree with the comment abou the amarante but do you think it would be breaking some kind of girl code if I got the alma pm in amarante after my cousin already told me she was getting the Brea in amarante?
Also do you think Indian Rose- Alma Pm is an all year round bag or summer/spring?

The Alma pm is beautiful! Especially with all the new colors they have for spring and the option to get in in the "electric".

The artsy is also a beautiful bag. I have it in the empriente, aube color and I absolutely loooovvveee it!! :biggrin:

i have the Alma vernis, mine gets absolutely battered at work as i'm an interior designer so it has all manner of things from tape measures, spirit levels, etc. its spends alot of time on building sites and in meetings, its very versatile and so far has stood up to whatver ive thrown at it but still maintains it fab looks . In my job i need something that looks classy yet is practical. Forget everyone else . This is YOUR purchase, buy the bag and colour of your dreams , its. a lot of money to spend not to get exactly what you want. Girl code ??? forget that. does it mean you wouldnt buy a monogram bag if you sister or aunt or great granny had a monogram one ?? possibly not. so dont worry about it. you go and try in store all the bags you like. you will know when you are in there what screams " take me home', good luck xxxx

i have the alma vernis, mine gets absolutely battered at work as i'm an interior designer so it has all manner of things from tape measures, spirit levels, etc. Its spends alot of time on building sites and in meetings, its very versatile and so far has stood up to whatver ive thrown at it but still maintains it fab looks . In my job i need something that looks classy yet is practical. Forget everyone else . This is your purchase, buy the bag and colour of your dreams , its. A lot of money to spend not to get exactly what you want. Girl code ??? Forget that. Does it mean you wouldnt buy a monogram bag if you sister or aunt or great granny had a monogram one ?? Possibly not. So dont worry about it. You go and try in store all the bags you like. You will know when you are in there what screams " take me home', good luck xxxx

+1