Conan changing timeslot? Jay Leno is going back to 11:30PM

^ I agree. DH went to a Conan taping and marveled at just how seriously Conan took his job in order to deliver his jokes. Breaks were all spent looking over notes and preparing rather than actually taking a "break"

We can discuss who is funnier/better between Conan and Jay, but bottom line is NBC "retired" the #1 ratings guy, and replaced him. Then they didn't give Conan much time to build an audience. The 10pm idea for Jay was a loser from the start.

Different comedians for different people, but NBC's programming execs are stupid about everything.

Been to several tapings of late night shows, they discuss with producers or go over notes of what is coming up. Don't just sit there doing nothing. You bet these guys take their jobs seriously. They are paid alot of money to do just that.

Conan was a writer, he wasn't a stand up comic. He has a cast of writers writing material just as they all do. (Truimph the insult dog isn't Conan's property nor did he 'invent' him.)

They don't give people time to grow a show like they used to. Its a dog eat dog world in TV land.

Been to several tapings of late night shows, they discuss with producers or go over notes of what is coming up. Don't just sit there doing nothing. You bet these guys take their jobs seriously. They are paid alot of money to do just that.

Conan was a writer, he wasn't a stand up comic. He has a cast of writers writing material just as they all do. (Truimph the insult dog isn't Conan's property nor did he 'invent' him.)

They don't give people time to grow a show like they used to. Its a dog eat dog world in TV land.

LOL the word I used was "originated" not "invent" and the only reason why it is famous is because Conan's sense of humor was attracted to that character

LOL the word I used was "originated" not "invent" and the only reason why it is famous is because Conan's sense of humor was attracted to that character

Didn't even see your post, was responding to someone way back in the beginning. Truimph's inventor (or whatever) was semi known himself. Maybe he'd take it as an insult that someone thinks Truimphs famous cause of Conan.

To the people that think Conan is great, do you even watch the show? The numbers are horrible for it otherwise they wouldn't cancel it. I watched it once & was totally disgusted. I wanted to cry for what has happened to the franchise. Conan giggling all over himself for how funny he thinks he is. yuck. Not crazy about Leno either but I understand about ratings & numbers. Its a business. Would like to see someone else but who I don't know who? Carson was a genius!

That would be really crappy on NBC's part to do that to Conan. Really Crappy. Don't like Conan's 'talent' but don't think he should be treated unfairly. I'm sure he's a nice guy. Can understand both sides. Its a business & they must do what's best for NBC.

Last edited:
To the people that think Conan is great, do you even watch the show? The numbers are horrible for it otherwise they wouldn't cancel it.

I actually watch Conan EVERY night. (well, I TIVO it then watch it). ;) I've enjoyed Conan since the mid-90s when he was hosting "Late Night w/Conan O'Brien." I find him VERY humorous, witty, and entertaining. As I mentioned in an earlier post, laughter/humor is pretty subjective. What one person may deem a LMFAO moment, another person may find it meh, and still another may find it very lame. :peace:

I didn't think the numbers were all that bad; Leno's numbers are worse, from what I understand. :s I know viewership is down for both...

IMO Jeff Zucker is the one that NBC needs to fire. His glory days of programming 'genius' are long over. No more Friends, Must See TV, etc. I hope now that Comcast has a controlling stake in NBC/Universal, that there will be some significant changes at the top.

IMO Jeff Zucker is the one that NBC needs to fire. His glory days of programming 'genius' are long over. No more Friends, Must See TV, etc. I hope now that Comcast has a controlling stake in NBC/Universal, that there will be some significant changes at the top.

Oh you are so right!

I can never get this link to work right.

In the LVRJ, dated 1/15/10, there is an interesting article about Leno & Conan> its under Elfman Vegasland. This entertainment writer has interviewed Conan a number of times & has never written anything negative about him,till now. And yet Conan is known to be a 'scowling jacka$$' by writers. They say 'its Conan, he's always a tool.' He treats NBC staffers like garbage. I think that is why I don't like him, he doesn't come across as sincere at all when he is interviewing people. Comes across as phony.

Think we are all expressing our opinions. Not crazy about Leno either but he's the lesser of 2 evils, I guess. I truly hope for those who like Conan, somehow someone finds a place for him.

I would love to see someone like Chris Rock or Kathy Griffin doing the Tonight show. Fat chance of that happening, lol.

Last edited: