Comparing Handle Length on Classic/Giant Briefs and Works

Jenny1963

Jun 22, 2008
Ok, here goes...

Do Giant Briefs have longer handles than Classic Briefs? I believe that Giant Works have DO have longer handles than Classic Works (right, Nanaz?) Do Giant Works from the pre-Fall/Winter period have shorter handles than Giant Works from the F/W 2007-on period or are they the same? Do Classic Briefs and Giant Briefs have longer handles than the post Fall/Winter 2007 Works, or does it depend on whether the post F/W Work is Classic or Giant? Aghhhh! I'm confusing myself!!!

Basically, which of these 6 bags (Classic and Giant Brief, Classic and Giant pre-Fall/Winter 2007 Works, and Classic and Giant Fall/Winter 2007-on Works) have the longest handles? Can someone rank them for me?

I'm really sorry, as I cannot even articulate what I'm trying to ask without confusing myself, and certainly all of you.:confused1:

I'm simply trying to determine which, if any, of these damn bags will fit over my shoulder (over a coat,) since fall is around the corner and I live in Chicago where the winter lasts FOREVER and, I have a toddler.

I know many purists are cool with carrying bags in the crook of the arm or in the hand, and I wish I could be cool and elegant, too, but, I'm not. Instead I have to carry a laptop bag, as well as my Bbag, AND wrangle my daughter, so if I can sling my bag over my shoulder, it makes my life simpler, which is a good thing.

Thanks for your help, and sorry to be so frustrated!

Last edited:
IDK about GH briefs - BUT I did try on a RH brief a couple of weeks ago and NM and found the handles were pretty roomy (more so than my '06 work). If I didn't already have my shoppers - I'd go for a brief. I also liked the partitions inside the bag, although I can that driving some people crazy. In general the bag was larger and more roomy then I thought it would be. MUCH more roomy then the purse.

HTH :flowers:

Hey "J",

I think the Bbag you tried on with the partitions is the Mid Afternoon, which DOES look VERY similar to the Brief (but the Brief has no partitions and is also less structured and more slouchy than the Mid Afternoon.) I absolutely adore the Brief and have 5 (how embarrassing!) of them, and personally think you would love it too, but I'm trying to figure out what large Bbag I can wear over a coat to and from work.

Btw, I just won my first Purse on *bay (bordeaux, btw!), but that Purse will serve a VERY different function. I cannot use the Purse to carry all my Work stuff to and from Work, the way I can use a Brief or a Work. This is why I posted, so I can try to figure out which of these larger Work-type bags (Work/Office or Brief) I'd be able to wear over my shoulder over a coat.

How are you enjoying your gorgeous Work and your beautiful Shoppers, my dear?:flowers: