Commission?

Petal0809

Sep 14, 2020
My sales associate at Chanel told me last week that they do not work off commission, is this the case? I was going out of my way to purchase primarily through her but is this not necessary?

Want to circle back to this. Had a SA treat me very well at a boutique last week. I normally buy in my home city, but I feel compelled to buy something with him to say thanks for all the time he spent on me. If they don't earn commission anymore, I don't see the point in going out of my way to visit that boutique again.

I suspect that they are not on individual commission but that a % of the store total would be shared throughout the team.
Also @Diamandis even if your SA is not on individual commission he will still have sales targets so if you appreciated his service it would be nice to shop with him again.
I work in Luxury retail and we have individual targets but our commission is pooled from what the department makes as a total.
Hope this makes sense.
This commission structure makes for a nice working environment (teamwork makes the dream work) and also encourages honest salesmanship.

I suspect that they are not on individual commission but that a % of the store total would be shared throughout the team.
Also @Diamandis even if your SA is not on individual commission he will still have sales targets so if you appreciated his service it would be nice to shop with him again.
I work in Luxury retail and we have individual targets but our commission is pooled from what the department makes as a total.
Hope this makes sense.
This commission structure makes for a nice working environment (teamwork makes the dream work) and also encourages honest salesmanship.

That's very informative, thank you. I will stop by the boutique this weekend.

• Thanks
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags