Coming to San Francisco for the 4th of July

disney16

Sofa King Delicious
O.G.
May 26, 2006
I am in the process of getting new clothes for my vacation to San Francisco but I don't know what kind of weather to expect. Do I need to pack a jacket?

Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

In July it will be cold at night, especially after the fog rolls in. (Remember Mark Twain's quote, the coldest winter he ever felt was a summer in San Francisco?) You will definitely need a jacket, with a sweater underneath. You will also want to bring long pants to wear at night. Have fun, I've lived here for almost 11 years and I love it!

In July it will be cold at night, especially after the fog rolls in. (Remember Mark Twain's quote, the coldest winter he ever felt was a summer in San Francisco?) You will definitely need a jacket, with a sweater underneath. You will also want to bring long pants to wear at night. Have fun, I've lived here for almost 11 years and I love it!

^^^ITA, another former San Franciscan here. :yes:

San Francisco in the summer is COLD - like in the 50s - when the fog is in (the fog usually rolls in around 5pm and out at 10-11am). When the fog is moving, it's very windy in the city too. The fog makes it look like it's going to rain in the morning. But don't worry, it won't rain.

Cities north, south and east of San Francisco tend to be sunny and HOT, like in the 80s or 90s.

Feel free to PM me if you want any suggestions on things to do, see, etc.

Have fun! :flowers: It's a fabulous city!!! :heart: