Colortransfer on white /light colored bags

Okay girls, I am sooo glad I am a better safe than sorry kinda girl. I just got back from a 3 day trip to Syracuse. I used my lovely traveler messenger non stop for a day and a night. This mornings I was applying some conditioner to my bags before putting them back in dust bag and I am so glad I did. My traveler had a bunch of color transfer that I didn't notice until I looked at the cloth. I feel like I dodged bullet. I had previously applied conditioner and rain and stain repellant, so everything looks great! I am glad that I took the time to care for my bags before using and after. I will never forget to follow these steps because it saved my bag! My bag looks good as new! I attached the after clean up and a picture of the dye on the rag.

Shocking the stuff you don't see until you clean it. Good for you, I also pretreat my bags prior to using now too.

hi all! so, i went out last night wearing my rebecca minkoff mini mac in mint color. to my horror, there was color transfer from the jeans i was wearing (which are well used and have been washed several times). today, i was about to get online to search ways to remove the color mess. in the kitchen, i got an idea to use raw extra virgin coconut oil. i mean, it's pure and sure does help with a ton of other health and skin issues, right?! i figured i'd give it a try and dabbed a tiny amount on one of the stains, then rubbed in with my finger. after a minute of rubbing i got a clean paper towel and rubbed more and it was gone!! i got all of the jean color transfer off of my very pale mint bag! the leather looks like new! it is definitely worth a try if you are having issues with color transfer. of course, i'd be careful on what kind of leather as you would not want any kind of oil stain. the rebecca minkoff mac is a smooth leather and did not appear to be affected at all by the use of coconut oil. i'm so excited about my find that i didn't look up to see if this was already written about. i hope i don't sound like a dummy and the coconut oil is an old trick everyone has tried. HaHa!

Reactions: Norwegian Girl
Here's a little update. I never ended up buying a white bag. Instead I bought selma and cynthia in ballet, a crossbody in blossom and selma in pale blue. I wear them to all my clothes, jeans and dark pants. Never had any colortransfer.