College ladies c'mon in!

Hey all! :smile:

I know this thread hasn't been touched in forever but I thought I would just stop by and see how everyone is doing. Hopefully the end of your school year is going great! Anybody have any big plans for summer?

Does anyone have trouble picking their major? Because I am having the hardest time. It's my second year at a university, and I keep on changing my major. I'm very artsy and creative, but I need to make money, that's why I'm probably not going to get an art degree. It seems like everything that makes money is math related, and I can't do that. I have a learning disability in math and struggled with math my whole entire life. I've had tutors, and my family members would re-teach me math when I came home from school......let's just say barely passed all my math courses while excelling in mostly everything else.
I'm stuck.......and I don't want to end up with a degree that I don't ever use, so I might just drop out and come back to school again when I make a final career choice.

Does anyone have trouble picking their major? Because I am having the hardest time. It's my second year at a university, and I keep on changing my major. I'm very artsy and creative, but I need to make money, that's why I'm probably not going to get an art degree. It seems like everything that makes money is math related, and I can't do that. I have a learning disability in math and struggled with math my whole entire life. I've had tutors, and my family members would re-teach me math when I came home from school......let's just say barely passed all my math courses while excelling in mostly everything else.
I'm stuck.......and I don't want to end up with a degree that I don't ever use, so I might just drop out and come back to school again when I make a final career choice.

What about fashion design?

my midterm is going to be next week i still didnt really start studying either. bad habit procrastination is bad. Im at my last week of college life and after that im done with college. Im 27 so i guess it a late age to finish college. But i took a few years break to start off my career.

Why is this thread dead :sad:

I went to Raptors-Houston game tonight, wore wool tights under jeans + 4 layers of shirts/sweaters lol. I am recovering from the flu but DID NOT WANT TO MISS JEREMY LIN IN ACTION !!

Are exams ending for everyone?

Hi ladies! I can't remember the last time I visited this thread, so I hope everyone is doing well!

My update: I graduated spring 11, and for now I'm just kind of enjoying life as much as I can. My original plan was to go back for an MBA, but now I'm thinking of getting a second bachelors in nursing. Main reason is because I realized I have a desire to help people (my mom passed away this summer and it really got me thinking).

Sometimes I feel disappointed in myself...if I had gone back to school right after graduating from college I'd be nearly done with grad school. But, I sacrificed that so I could travel, which is why I've stuck to my waitressing job. It gives me the flexibility to pick up and leave whenever I want to.

I do suggest people take some time to travel after graduating. I know my lifestyle isn't one that works for everyone. In 2012, I spent more than 25% of the year traveling internationally.

I turned 23, and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do in life! Can I just turn back time and go back to the days when all I needed to worry about was math homework? Lol.

Hi ladies! I can't remember the last time I visited this thread, so I hope everyone is doing well!

My update: I graduated spring 11, and for now I'm just kind of enjoying life as much as I can. My original plan was to go back for an MBA, but now I'm thinking of getting a second bachelors in nursing. Main reason is because I realized I have a desire to help people (my mom passed away this summer and it really got me thinking).

Sometimes I feel disappointed in myself...if I had gone back to school right after graduating from college I'd be nearly done with grad school. But, I sacrificed that so I could travel, which is why I've stuck to my waitressing job. It gives me the flexibility to pick up and leave whenever I want to.

I do suggest people take some time to travel after graduating. I know my lifestyle isn't one that works for everyone. In 2012, I spent more than 25% of the year traveling internationally.

I turned 23, and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do in life! Can I just turn back time and go back to the days when all I needed to worry about was math homework? Lol.

i hope you feel better! it's not bad at all! 23 is not too late! you still have your whole life ahead of you!!

where did you travel? did you have fun? did much shopping haha

i hope you feel better! it's not bad at all! 23 is not too late! you still have your whole life ahead of you!!

where did you travel? did you have fun? did much shopping haha

I started traveling after I studied abroad (summer going into my senior year) but have obviously done the bulk of my traveling after graduating. So far I've been to England (where I am currently), Italy (plus the Vatican), France, Spain (studied abroad and have gone back on vacation), the Czech republic, Bulgaria, Belgium, and morocco. I've been to most of those countries at least 2 or 3 times as well because I loved them so much. My goal is to make it a priority to visit some new countries or at least different cities I've never seen before.

With every trip i actually get pickier about what I buy! When I first started traveling I would buy so much clothes and stuff like that, but then I realized I can basically get a lot of the same stuff back at home (or at least on the USA shopping sites), so I've tried to only buy stuff I can't get at home or things i just really love and can get a good deal on. My weakness is food though lol. I always come back with so many treats!