coach vs longchamp

I am not really familiar with Longchamp, but I see their cloth bags everywhere. I am on a college campus and every student seems to have one. Now I rarely see Coach, especially all leather Coach. I once looked up the prices for Longchamp and the cloth bags I see everywhere cost the same as my all leather bags! So I prefer Coach for the price, but that's just my opinion.

^ Agreed. I wanted a Le Pliage bag, but when I looked it up I was shocked how much it cost for a bag with only leather trim! I don't know much about their other bags, but I do know the brand has a great reputation.

I would say that the COACH bags are a little more stylish, all the Longchamp bags I've seen seem plain and a lil' masculine. I haven't seen alot of them though, so I'm not really educated about them.

If you can get an all leather COACH bag for the price of a Coach Longchamp, I'd have to say COACH win's in both value & style!!

Longchamp nylon bags (the ones you see everywhere) are quite practical for travel. I always pack a small black nylon Longchamp bag to switch to when I want. It's very lightweight, so it makes a good "extra" bag for travelling. It's also a decent everyday bag, however, the larger the size, the harder it is to find your stuff inside! It becomes a deep abyss.

Totally different, in my opinion. As others are saying above, the nylon Lonchamps totes are great for traveling, but fairly pricey compared to an average priced Coach bag. The nylon Longchamps are also very durable. I confess that I received one as a gift 10 years ago and have thrown it in the washing machine (not the dryer) more than once and it's held up just fine.

The Longchamps leather bags are quite pricey, comparable to the more expensive Coach leather bags (like this season's $898 bag). But the styles are completely different. So many factors to consider - what you will use it for, the aesthetic you prefer, the leathers you like...

I'm so pathetic, I'd never heard of Longchamp before reading this thread, so I looked up their website. The bags didn't really appeal to me, except the fact that you can customize some of the bags is beyond cool! I wish Coach would allow us some options like that, I'd even pay extra for it. Anyway, I prefer Coach from what I've seen, I really love my Coach bags and for the price you just can't beat them.

I have a Longchamp nylon tote that I love because it stays on my shoulder so well I forget it's there. It always travels with me because it folds flat.

If you want a workhorse bag that ic comfortable, lightweight and durable you can't go wrong