Coach vs Dooney

I say Coach only because I think their styles are more classy at times and they are classic. Dooney is becoming a little too "tweenish" for my taste. They have really fallen off. However, Dooney will alwas have a special place in my heart because my first designer bag was a Dooney I got when I was 16. I still have that bag. And THAT bag represents all that I loved about Dooney. That was a time when the quality was much better. As a result, that bag looks great 11 years later.

I would pick Coach over Dooney. I am not a dooney fan at all even when i tried finding a purse from that line to get...i couldn't find anything that interests me. like many that have said...coach has more classic styles and while dooney does too, i feel that dooney bags are either looking too 'young' or too 'old'. That's just my opinion. I remember my mom and everyone of my aunts carried old school dooney purses in the 90's when all their purses were mainly leather and it was the "it" bag. haha. And now. i see young girls carrying them too.

I don't own either but I have to say that Coach is definitely a lot classier. I see a lot of D&B and Coach bags and Coach bags are definitely classic. Multicolor monograms and the like are fun but they are sort of childish IMHO. That goes for you too LV!

If I had to decide on Coach or Dooney I'd go with the Coach. Yes, D&B comes in more styles and colors than Coach, but Coach has such a classic look about it, and I love their legacy line, B-E-A-utiful bags. I must say though that I'm partial the to the D&B Annalissa leather bags, they are gorgeous and I want one so bad in the camel color.

i don't think i'd ever buy either one anymore .. but i prefer coach over dooney! .. dooney was my first desinger bag .. when i was a teenager .. and so that holds a special place in my heart -- but if i HAD to choose i'd pick coach .. a little "older" and more sophisticated! :smile:

I'd pick Coach. Coach has more of a variety than Dooney and appeals to all different age groups. Dooney's old designs were cute and mostly appealed to teenagers, but the new designs don't appeal to me at all. At least with Coach, there are sooo many different bags that you know look great on.

I prefer dooney at the moment because of their replacement program!!! Being in college and therefore having no money, it's just awesome for me. I've gotten three purses in 3 years. I find that their prices are much more reasonable. I don't quite understand why people are saying coach is more classic looking. I agree that Dooney has fallen off the wagon and has been making some pretty junvenile designs lately, but the signature bags are very classy looking (given the right colors). And their leather bags stand at the same level of coach to me. Often times the coach bags have way too much going on for me. I have two coach bags, but to me they are more fun than practical. That's not to say coach doesn't have practical bags that I am drawn to. If anything, they are very even brands in my mind, with dooney having a slight edge because of the replacement program and prices.

Dooney is much more classic than coach. It's for people who don't just care about brand names, but quality. People with dooney prefer not to try to scream to the world they have brand name. (The labels are much smaller)
(Yes, I own a dooney and LOVE it!)
If you just like the idea of a brand name, buy coach. If you love classis, chic, and great leather, go for dooney.

I don't really prefer one over the other, but they kind of appeal to different markets. DB has a lot of "younger" (juvenile?) styles, where Coach tends to have more of a classic look. Also, the colors and variety change from season to season for both brands.
ITA.

Personally, if given a choice, I'd choose Coach over Dooney. I'm not a fan of Dooney's lines like the bumble bee one or the one with crayon style monogram.

Dooney has a variety of different styles. My favorite bag is just chocolate brown leather with kind of wheat colored stitching...it's kind of hard to describe, but it doesn't in any way scream anything like many coach bags I've encountered do.