Coach virgins: Was your first time special?

lol... you go girl! You should sell the first bag also and get yourself something you don't want to rip apart. :yes:
i know. but i couldn't get much money for it anyways (last year's small scribble tote), so i just figured i'd keep it. if nothing else, it's a reminder of the kind of guy i never want to date again...

Bought my first one at Foley's. It was a small sig soho flap. Got it on sale ($129 I think!). Still love it, still wear it out, but I agree that the OP should go to a boutique. There's much more selection than a department store.

Well my first Coach purchase was a gift from my mom. I was 16 and it was a classic leather bag in brown. My mom wanted me to have a good quality bag then and i still have it i dont use it but i kept it because it was my first Coach and she bought it at a Coach store and they wrapped it in their signature paper and it was put in their bag she paid full price for it of course.I was sooo happy. But when i was able to work and buy my own i got it from Dillards and it was on sale for like $75 dollars it was a suede green demi then i turned around a week later and bought a duffle bag in black and paid like $300 for it. but buy your first one from the Coach store it will hopefully be a purchase that you want forget and you'll want to keep buying they are addictive.

I got my first bag (and currently only one!) from ebay and I really don't regret it one bit. I know it's authentic and I simply would have had to wait for a very long time if I waited to go Boutique for the first time. I'm impatient-wasn't willing to wait!

Dh bought this one for me off of ebay for my birthday and then he told me I could get another one for my birthday as well because I complained that this one was a bit small for me. Recently, I did make a trip to the boutique to look around and I found the next purchase (hopefully!)-a large Soho flap but I'm torn whether to get brown or black. I showed dh a picture of it online this morning and he loves it-he really likes it in brown. I'm hoping I can get it soon!

If you possibly can, I'd recommend going to boutique for your first-but if it means waiting months or even years, just go for it however you can! I still feel like this first bag will always be special to me just because dh got it for me and well, it was my FIRST!

There are so many cool stories in this thread, I love reading them!

I got mine from the Outlet place then went back to the boutique and got the real deal. Very pleasant experience. Still trying to decide if I want to be hooked forever on Coach, or not. There items are so much fun, colors and stuff!!

my first coach bag was in high school. rarely anyone had a coach bag. i got the signature demi and cherished it. i still have it and thinks it looks great! i paid retail on that baby and i have paid retail on all my babies still.

i know. but i couldn't get much money for it anyways (last year's small scribble tote), so i just figured i'd keep it. if nothing else, it's a reminder of the kind of guy i never want to date again...
Good idea... and worth far more than any money you could ever get! years ago (i'm old, lol) I had a boyfriend leave a mean nasty message on my answering machine, I keep it on there ages and would listen to it everytime I was tempted to get back together with him... it worked, thank god:yes:

I had been saving for a Coach bag, and was within a couple of months of buying it {it was was hard for me to narrow down my choices. lol}

Then my boyfriend surprised me this past Christmas with my dream bag! I could not believe that he had actually went out and got it. By far the best gift I have received! :heart:

oh yea. full price. after a very long very hard two weeks of work, i made a lot of money. a lot. that is when i decided i could afford a designer bag. it was a gallery tote with the purple suede trim in 2003 or 2004 and i was so in love. the sa thought i was hysterical the way i was just cooing and crooning to my bag. it was love at first sight.

Thanks for the great replies.

Well, I decided I want my first time to be special, too. I ordered my first bag, the shoulder tote I've been eyeing on various eBay listings. The nearest Coach store is about 45 minutes away, so I did the next best thing: ordered it on the phone at Coach.com. I paid full-price, but I'll always know the history of my first Coach and that it is authentic. When the SA asked if the purchase is a gift and did I want the complimentary gift wrap, I said it's my first Coach and it's a gift for me, so "yes, please!" I just got email confirmation that it's on its way!

Thanks again. This is a great forum.:heart: