Coach tags - toss 'em or keep 'em?

It never occurred to me to take the hangtags off. They are part of the bag. To be honest, I never notice them. I've only started to notice now that Coach makes ones that stand out. Like the one on my Mom's black patchwork bag with the carriage charm (don't remember the collection name). I haven't bought one yet that has an unusual hang tag yet. But I definately would remove the one from a belt.

I think that guy is writing for those who are major rich and buying bags that cost thousands. Those bags should be known and it's probably considered gauche to wear a tag with the name on it?
Of course, what about all the stars that carry bags with signature fabric? Duh!

I'm keeping mine on. Most of my Coach are leather and most people don't even know they are Coach unless they happen to see the tag.

i must be the odd one out. i have removed all the hangtags from my bags cause i don't like the look of it - seems like something that you should remove when you take it home, like a fancy tag, but a tag nonetheless. jmho. i certainly didn't feel i should toss them tho, so i just attach the inside as a zipper pull. i did leave a metal hangtag hanging on the outside of one of my wristlets tho, cause i like to play with it when i use the wristlet, lol.

i keep everything that comes on the bag. Its good for resale value if you sell it. People love it when I tell them I still have the SKU tag and the care instructions. I ONLY sell a bag when I see a new one I need. But there are some bags I WONT let go of. :tup:

I buy and resale bags and get a lot of vintage Coach as well as newer Coach.

I can tell you that as a reseller, not having a hangtag will lower the value of the bag.

I have had several vintage leather Coach bags come through and I usually find the hangtag in the pocket if it is not attached. I am thankful when I do actually. the original tag is also better than a replacement one.

So, I beg of you, PLEASE dont throw those hang tags away! LOL If you dont want them on the bag, put in a safe place, or as a PP suggested, put on an inner zipper and use as a pull tab.

You will be thankful you did someday when you decide it is time for a new owner because you want the newer model out!

Oh, and I leave mine on BTW. =-)

^^^ this is true. I buy vintage and get frustrated when I adore a bag, but have to get a replacement tag. I want to know what happens to all of those missing tags!

Hi all,

Curious if you other Coach lovers keep your Coach hangtags attached to your handbags/purses/totes/wristlets, or do you remove them and store them somewhere, or just toss them?

Does it matter if the hangtags are leather or the big clunky metal ones (usu brass or nickel)?

I've never thought to remove mine (even the clunky ones) but read in a style book that all designer/maker tags should be removed.

What do you think? I have never even considered this as it is part of the style and charm of these bags. What's next? Crossing out all of the beautiful Capital C's that covers so many of the bags? I think everybody knows you are carrying a coach bag if they want to know that about you. But then they already know you have great Style, what else do they need to know?

I am thinking about getting my first Coach (the Swinger). I’ll be honest (after reading through this thread - this will be an unpopular opinion), I am not a fan of the leather tag. I am taking it from this discussion that the tag can be removed? I was hoping that it can be

I am thinking about getting my first Coach (the Swinger). I’ll be honest (after reading through this thread - this will be an unpopular opinion), I am not a fan of the leather tag. I am taking it from this discussion that the tag can be removed? I was hoping that it can be
The small Coach leather hangtag can be removed.

I buy and resale bags and get a lot of vintage Coach as well as newer Coach.

I can tell you that as a reseller, not having a hangtag will lower the value of the bag.

I have had several vintage leather Coach bags come through and I usually find the hangtag in the pocket if it is not attached. I am thankful when I do actually. the original tag is also better than a replacement one.

So, I beg of you, PLEASE dont throw those hang tags away! LOL If you dont want them on the bag, put in a safe place, or as a PP suggested, put on an inner zipper and use as a pull tab.

You will be thankful you did someday when you decide it is time for a new owner because you want the newer model out!

Oh, and I leave mine on BTW. =-)
Just curious - about what percentage does it lower the resale value. I have some bags from the 90's that I was thinking of selling, but I believe I tossed all the tags. (However - now that I am looking at my old Coach bags, I remember why I loved them so much. The quality is so great - equal to some major designer bags that I have now. Maybe I'll pull them out and start using them again!:love:

Reactions: Aurora-B