Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Can you see the smokey stink lines coming off these puppies?? I
I can confirm that airing out does work eventually but it can take months. Finally have 2 that are safe to dunk. I usually have them close-in so they don't get wet when it rains but sunlight seems to speed things along.
ETA: Note the MacGyver-ed method of keeping them open hehe

View attachment 3766164

Good job. I have had a bag of activated charcoal in a perfume infused bag for a few weeks now. I had it airing in front of a fan but it doesn't seem to be working so I put it away instead, hoping that actually less air might help the charcoal to soak up the smell. I seriously hate the perfume smell in this bag. It really turns my stomach.

Reactions: Ravvie99
Can you see the smokey stink lines coming off these puppies?? I
I can confirm that airing out does work eventually but it can take months. Finally have 2 that are safe to dunk. I usually have them close-in so they don't get wet when it rains but sunlight seems to speed things along.
ETA: Note the MacGyver-ed method of keeping them open hehe

View attachment 3766164

Grabbing my popcorn to watch the transformation!

Another candidate for the Can This Be Rehabbed thread. Rode hard and buried under the barn.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-USA-COA...603739?hash=item4404efd95b:g:LUwAAOSwsXFZNFRx
I need to get an expense report done tonight (these bags are not buying themselves!) and when I am done I will get the thread started. My only concern is that the mods might flag it for being a dup of this thread. I was thinking of naming it *Would you rehab this?* and let the fun begin!

Good to know about the water-proofing! My clumsiness is the reason I mainly own dark leather bags, but an extra layer of protection is nice. Plus, my morning commute on the train is full of all sorts of nonsense and "bag dangers," as only public transportation in a city can offer :P
Who knows, maybe if your baby is going to be jostled around alot by public transit, the extra/overkill application may just be a good offense! Who can predict these things?? Enjoy.

Lexol is a common product that people use for conditioning. I got black rocks from eBay but in in the US and it's made here in the states. I am not familiar with tanners leather. I suggest using what's local and see how you like it If it's not to you liking than try other products.
Will do that. and I may have relatives in the states who can get me the leather CPR and black rocks for future rehabs. Thank you so much for your advise. l'll try to post pictures as soon as I'm done with my bag project. :smile:

Reactions: Purple Penny
IMG_2033.JPG I have a 2007 No. 11261 Ergo Belted Leather Bag in Tobacco in excellent condition, except for the front 2 large rings. They have wear on the finish. Does anyone know what this hardware is made of? Is it brass or just plated? Is there any way I can polish this up? I could have Coach replace the hardware for $35, but I prefer to send it in to them only after I've exhausted other methods. Any help is appreciated. This is my first post to the rehab forum. I do have some goodies in my stash to start working on soon. Here is the hardware photo.

Reactions: dgphoto
View attachment 3766689 I have a 2007 No. 11261 Ergo Belted Leather Bag in Tobacco in excellent condition, except for the front 2 large rings. They have wear on the finish. Does anyone know what this hardware is made of? Is it brass or just plated? Is there any way I can polish this up? I could have Coach replace the hardware for $35, but I prefer to send it in to them only after I've exhausted other methods. Any help is appreciated. This is my first post to the rehab forum. I do have some goodies in my stash to start working on soon. Here is the hardware photo.
If you hold a magnet to the rings, you can do a quick test yourself. If the magnet sticks, the metal is coated. If it doesn't stick, it is solid brass.

Thanks so much for the advice, Katherine2020. The hair dryer sounds like a good idea to help the cream sink in! I used LP for this bag, but I think I used way too much and didn't wipe right away after using. It worked well on this envelope bag, but one of my other Coach bags didn't have much of a glow--maybe because I used too much or let it sit too long before wiping off.

I purchased the Obenauf's on Amazon, and many people said that the LP left their bags a few shades darker. I'm also on the fence about it for this reason.

Yes, the secret is to really use it sparingly, and wipe off the excess, then let it sit for a day or two before buffing. Heat really does help. I put it on with my fingers, for the warmth, plus I can feel how much is going on. I've never used it on anything lighter than Mocha for fear of darkening. It is great for water resistance. I'm kind of talking myself into trying it again here!

Last edited:
I finished a few rehabs recently I would love to share. This baby had little bits of newspaper print on her. Came right out in a bath!
Before:
2j0m99w.jpg

After:
15ei7oz.jpg
Wow! Serious, aching, bag envy! This bag is gorgeous, and I'd have never guessed the color looking at the before pic, and you reshaped it so well. Fantastic work all around!