COACH question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meggy619 said:
]cons: Units per transaction :UPT, ughghghgh keeping a 1.5 per month, which sometimes isn’t too hard but that was my biggest problem w/ that company, i don't understand how a company can have an associate sell thousands and thousands of dollars a day and regardless of how much they sell throughout the month then will still get a write up for a UPT average below a 1.5.

yes! This was my biggest problem too. I mean if you sell a $700 bag but you don't sell an $8 cleaner to go with it they get upset?:huh: But if you sell a cleaner, moisturizer and wristlet they are happy cause of a good UPT. Makes no sense! I understand the concept of UPTs but they take it a little too seriously!!!
But the discount makes up for it. :lol:

Couturegrl said:
Jane Anne- I got the job!! Yay!! It is just a part time job, as I just graduated with my bachelor's degree and am now completing my paralegal certification, but I thought Coach would be a fun place to work at. LOL I am worried that I am going to spend all of my paycheck there:smile:

Congrats! A perfect part time job to support your hobby (collecting bags). At 50% off you don't have to feel bad about getting lots of bags! :smile: You are actually saving money. Don't emphasize the spending, say with me "you are SAVING!"

About the bags making it to the outlets...
I might be wrong but usually the more desireable bags (or maybe all) are only marked down 20% off their retail price. A discount is a discount. I'm not complaining. I am just thinking about that $800 bag. With $160 off, it is still very expensive IMO

iliabags said:
good luck V!

Thanks N! lol Oh I feel like a crazy woman always asking about COACH :shame:

mharvey816 said:
Yep the Legacy Straw totes are at the outlet now -- I totally caved and bought one today (white leather trim) along with the matching wristlet (which is what made me think it was "meant to be"). The best part was that it was already on clearance plus an extra 20% off that price.

I checked my outlet on Tuesday and they STILL didnt have them! Maybe they just sold out fast? I doubt it though. UGH! I'm going back tomorrow. Man I hope they have them by now! I really want this one (but at a cheap price, lol) -

24293-coach-question-legacy-straw.jpg

I was even considering resorting to eBay, theyre selling them CHEAP.

LOL Thanks Iliabags I like the way you think:smile:

Coach discount on bags is 50%...watches, sunglasses are 45%. They also let us have "first dibs" on bags before they are sent to the outlets at a 65% discount.

abandonedimages said:
I checked my outlet on Tuesday and they STILL didnt have them! Maybe they just sold out fast? I doubt it though. UGH! I'm going back tomorrow. Man I hope they have them by now!

FWIW, there were only a couple of the Legacy straw totes left at my outlet last weekend, and they were in the clearance section so they'd probably been there for a while. I don't know if this means they've already come and gone at your outlet, but if you can find them somewhere else for cheap, I wouldn't wait. :smile:

Couturegrl said:
LOL Thanks Iliabags I like the way you think:smile:

Coach discount on bags is 50%...watches, sunglasses are 45%. They also let us have "first dibs" on bags before they are sent to the outlets at a 65% discount.

OMG-can you be my new best friend? :love:

mharvey816 said:
FWIW, there were only a couple of the Legacy straw totes left at my outlet last weekend, and they were in the clearance section so they'd probably been there for a while. I don't know if this means they've already come and gone at your outlet, but if you can find them somewhere else for cheap, I wouldn't wait. :smile:

Well I went back today and asked the lady and she said that they only get like 1-3 at a time from other outlets that transfer them over, and as soon as they get them they sell out quick. She said the best thing I can do is come back often and hope they've had another transfer and snatch it up quick. [sigh] Its like a 45 min drive out there and this is the THIRD time I've gone out there for this bag. Its just not worth the hassle. They had several of these styles though (which I dont want) -

315807.gif

(Credit - eBay. This is NOT my auction/photo) -
d4_1.JPG

Le sigh.

Gee-I like the second one you posted there-i would go for that. May I ask how much those were at the outlet? I don't think I am ever getting to an outlet-hubby thinks it's ridiculous

I can tell you about the second one because I bought one (white trim instead of black) last weekend at the Leesburg outlet. Last weekend it was marked down in the red ink to $199.99 plus an extra percent off (can't remember if it was 20 or 30%).

Of course, I lucked out a bit more, as the person who marked mine with the red pen wrote $159.99 instead of $199.99 and I made them honor it, by gum. And to their credit, they did, and gave me a credit back on the price difference after they had already rung it up at the higher price.

They also had the matching wristlet marked down to $69.99 plus 20% off of that, so I had to get the set. LOL

We are soo lucky because we finally got an outlet that is in reasonable driving distance from the DC area. They just opened this one in Leesburg about a month ago, and I've already been there several times. LOL Before this one, the closest one was a 90min+ drive up to Hagerstown MD, so it's nice to have one less than an hour away now.

Status
Not open for further replies.