Coach not a good seller...?

I think eBay sales are slow recently. It acrosses the board to many different brands but not only Coach. eBay selling fees are very high too. If it is the auction style, eBay charges over 9% to the seller for the final fee, plus PayPal fees. Fixed price listing is a little bit better but is still very expensive. Providing good photos definitely will help, but like above said, it needs to reach the right time with the right buyers. Now indeed is eBay slow time.

Right? Hmm.... I really don't want to go lower than the $125 but maybe $90 would look more enticing... Ugh. The MK is surprising me though, granted no bids but one watcher... Hate to see it go, love it, kinda hoping the person doesn't bid lol. But that would sure look nice going to a cc payment. I have another Coach I was going to list but now I'm reconsidering if the seller fees are worth the hassle of probably having to relist or set a BIN.

You could always list it an an opening bid of say $100 and include a BIN of $125.
I can't give my MK items away either. Another saturated low value market. I just wish I would have returned them when I had the chance. :noggin:

Right? Hmm.... I really don't want to go lower than the $125 but maybe $90 would look more enticing... Ugh. The MK is surprising me though, granted no bids but one watcher... Hate to see it go, love it, kinda hoping the person doesn't bid lol. But that would sure look nice going to a cc payment. I have another Coach I was going to list but now I'm reconsidering if the seller fees are worth the hassle of probably having to relist or set a BIN.

Try selling on Bonanza. I've had more luck there than on E-Bay lately. And the fees are much much much lower.

Ed.

Maybe you should focus on your photos, including showing them stuffed and upright, instead of laying down, for the front and back views. I would also take advantage of all 12 photos that ebay offers you for free. Also, you say that it's listed for a little over half of what you paid originally, yet it's used (even if it's gently used). I don't know how rare they are, but for most items, other than top luxury designers like Chanel, the value drops considerably. Unless you have a collectible that's highly valued, getting half of what you paid originally is high, in my mind, in the current ebay economy. Again, I don't know Coach values, so that's just an "outsider" view.

I edited the quote to remove any way of recognizing your auctions.

Great suggestion & would go along with the concept that "timing"
is everything.

No rhyme or reason when anything sells... just do your best to make
your listing as outstanding as possible.

Good luck

Thanks ladies for all the pointers! I have a Coach bag listed and I searched the completed listings to figure out how to price it, I still wasn't too sure. It's a common style but a color that's hard to find. I priced it right under what the others I saw listed are. I have a medical bill to pay, so fingers crossed!

This bag appears to be more of a seasonal item, that may do better as the weather becomes more warm.

Ebay gives sellers 50 free listings a month. If you could fit it in I would just keep relisting. Many other sellers will be thinking the same way..........sell it in the Spring and there could be more competition. List it now and it stands out. I have frequently sold things that would be considered 'out of season'. Less competition, luck of the server draw, whatever........but they won't buy it if they can't see it.

EBay is flooded with Coach bags. Between that and the outlets it is a buyers market there. They do not hold their value like a more expensive brand like LV or Chanel.

yea the coach sales are so often - i'm not complaining because it took me a year to get the invite to enter! - and then we have an outlet that recently opened about 30 minutes from me so the only time i look for coach is when the weather is too bad for me to go to the outlet or i can't find it there.

Ebay gives sellers 50 free listings a month. If you could fit it in I would just keep relisting. Many other sellers will be thinking the same way..........sell it in the Spring and there could be more competition. List it now and it stands out. I have frequently sold things that would be considered 'out of season'. Less competition, luck of the server draw, whatever........but they won't buy it if they can't see it.

Good point... & just list it. the right buyer will come along & it may
be sooner than you think

Good luck

Coach has factory sales online every other day! Just way too much Coach stuff there. I'm on overload. Plus I live near a factory store and two retail stores. They sell it at Macy's and they are always having a sale. As much as I love Coach (I have a lot) I don't even look at Coach on ebay.

As a buyer, I can say that the Coach bag that I have been wanting is listed on ebay with prices as high as coach.com. This is why I haven't bought the one that I want on ebay. And it just got deleted and went to outlet a week or so ago.