Coach is really winning this year

jade

O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
So I stopped at Coach last week looking for a wristlet to use at work (my daily bag is a backpack, so not ideal).

Over the past year, give or take, I have noticed that more and more Coach bags are equipped with nice leather lining. Which is hard to find in most contemporary and many premier bags.

After not shopping Coach for a few years, I have picked up a Nomad, Market Tote and Drifter Top Handle.

I scanned all the wristlets and saw so many nice leather lined small leather goods. They felt so luxurious with super soft leather. This one caught my eye, but had too many pockets for me.

I ended up getting this nice Nolita with the Thanksgiving sale.

When I was checking out, I saw this cute little Swagger shoulder bag. I was looking for a fun weekend appropriate bag in not-black, and this fit the bill. While I had made a pact to only get leather lined bags, I made an exception for the clever clasp, roomy interior and classic/edgy style.

Now back to a ban. I am staying away from Coach. They have stepped up their game and I am way too tempted!

Ah...yes, I know what you are saying! I love the "New" Coach.

I purchased a Rogue when they first came out, and I just ordered a Market Tote, the Drifter WOC, a pebbled leather Turnlock tote and one of the Black Friday Edie's.

On my Christmas List I am asking for the 1941 Saddle bag in Heather Gray.

I find that my Coach bags are being way more than my LV (canvas) and my Chanel bags. I am a sucker for a good leather bag.

Reactions: SEWDimples
Ah...yes, I know what you are saying! I love the "New" Coach.

I purchased a Rogue when they first came out, and I just ordered a Market Tote, the Drifter WOC, a pebbled leather Turnlock tote and one of the Black Friday Edie's.

On my Christmas List I am asking for the 1941 Saddle bag in Heather Gray.

I find that my Coach bags are being way more than my LV (canvas) and my Chanel bags. I am a sucker for a good leather bag.
Which drifter woc did you choose?

Indeed!!! I totally agree.

I have not stepped into Coach for 5 years but I just went to the store and bam!! I ended up purchasing a new Coach Mercer with lovely studs. And now I am eyeing their saddle bag. The leather felt so luxurious..... dreamy.

They really are. I've always been a Target/Kohl's shopper when it came to purses, and thought I was being extravagant when I'd buy a bag from the Simply Vera Wang line. I came of age when the heavily monogrammed and branded bags were just starting to take off, so I've always associated Coach with that style.

Last week I spotted and fell wildly in love with what I now know as the Drifter Top Handle...and imagine my utter shock to learn it was Coach! I've spent the last week ogling and drooling over most of their current offerings. They're really stunning and the leather is incredible! The gal who thought Simply Vera Wang was the height of splurging now has the Drifter (courtesy of my dear, amazing, incredible mother) and the black Printed Leather Market Tote with matching wristlet (they have sweet little skulls on them. How could I be expected to pass that up?). I'm also lusting over the oxblood Swagger and the surplus Brooklyn 34. I'm just blown away by the fantastic styles and the amazing quality. Who knew? Other than everyone here, that is. ;)

I definitely agree with you. Coach's efforts to reclaim its prestige are really paying off. I would have never considered buying Coach just a few years ago. I liked nothing about the brand. Now, it's a totally different story. I even bought a backpack for my husband for Christmas- it's sitting under the tree right now!
Which backpack did you buy ? I bought one for myself to take to Disney in feb . :smile: I totally agree with you . I am usually an LV lover and a few years ago never looked at Coach . Now I walk into there stores and see lots of cute items and pretty well made If I may add .