Coach Headband Idea!!

Actually, what i've see done too is the scarf if attached to the headband (fabric glue or something) and then the ends are left free so that you can still tie it behind your head so people still think that you have it tied on there....not knowing that you're "cheating" and have the headband on.

That way, the scarf isn't cut up (granted it's attached, but still)

I would be totally interested in this though!!! Count me in !

My daughters just bought that type of headband, one is red with white polka dots and the other is black with white polka dots. They are really cute on.

Im so happy that everyone likes this idea!! I thought ppl would think I was crazy cutting a brand new scarf LOL. I def would like to see how this would go! Esp. if we can get more than 2 or so out of each scarf! I really like the ones of the pics someone posted! I really like the thickness of it, but Im thinking could we get more than one out of a scarf that way?

I was thinking about maybe just running to walmart and picking up a random headband and buying just a piece of fabric and see what I could come up with as far as a pattern goes!! When I thought about doing this I thought of a "No Sew" Project that way anyone would be able to do it!! Of course the ones being sold on ebay would have to be almost perfect, but seriously they dont have to be since you wouldnt be seeing under it anyway unless someone was wanting to look at it lol. I have a few pretty good ideas for this and I might experiment a bit on this first on just some cheap reg fabrics!

One question for everyone though. I have never seen a real scarf in person so I dont know how it feels. Are they made out of silk? Can someone let me know what type of fabric plz?

Thanks All for your interest!

I will post pix of what my Mom has made in the past and let you guys decide is those are the options.

Hmmm... this little plan going on sounds like FUN!!! Count me in too, I think.

Wait, I'm normally a very bright person, but I can be a little slow sometimes. Lolitablue, you said we'd pitch in money and purchase a few scarves (like 1 for every 3 people)... does that mean that each of the three people will get their own headband out of one scarf? As in, one scarf can produce three separate headbands? Or would it only produce one headband which would have to be shared between three people?

Sorry for being so difficult :shame: ... But, your help would definitely be appreciated! :yes:

Thanks...

M.

^ she meant one scarf can be made into 3 headbands.

i use bobby pins behind my ears to secure it. i use two so one goes one way and the other goes the opposite and they criss cross.

I'm wearing my watercolor ponytail scarf for the first time today and that's what I did. Although I was running late (usual Monday) and could only find 2 bobby pins, so I have 1 on each side. So far so good!

Hmmm... this little plan going on sounds like FUN!!! Count me in too, I think.

Wait, I'm normally a very bright person, but I can be a little slow sometimes. Lolitablue, you said we'd pitch in money and purchase a few scarves (like 1 for every 3 people)... does that mean that each of the three people will get their own headband out of one scarf? As in, one scarf can produce three separate headbands? Or would it only produce one headband which would have to be shared between three people?

Sorry for being so difficult :shame: ... But, your help would definitely be appreciated! :yes:

It is very likely that three people could get their (each) headband out of 1 scarf. My Mom is looking into that, right now. I will post pix of what she has done in the past and get everybody's opinion. I wish to give credit for this, to the lady who started this thread. I would also like to keep her in the loop since it was her idea. I am only trying to help.

Will let you all know.

I guess the headband comes in clear plastic and we would just use the fabric from the scarf to sew it on to it.
We would agree to figure out the color and whoever is interested would pitch in to buy the scarf or scarves that would do the job.
Of course, we would not be messing up other scarves that we wish to keep for our necks and to tie on the purses. I am going to find the raw headbands and start putting together a project. Please let me know who else, besides Bessie, will be interested.
I would be interested!
Thanks