COACH Hall of Shame - Post Coach fakes here!

Do not buy anything from fashion_yard28!

I purchased this Lizard skin bag from this seller on Feb 20. I thought that the shipping charges of $23 were exhorbitant but the listing promised "expedited shipping" and the bag had been authenticated by @whateve so I paid promptly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313494302672

The seller quickly generated a shipping label and tracking number, but USPS never received the item and the vendor didn't respond to my communications.

I had to wait until the end of original shipping period (Feb 29) to file a complaint with eBay, but they responded quickly and contacted the seller - but they also didn't receive a response. After waiting another week I received a message from eBay that they have refunded the full amount, so that's good.

LizardFramedClutch_BlackWhiteEbaySale3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BeenBurned
Do not buy anything from fashion_yard28!

I purchased this Lizard skin bag from this seller on Feb 20. I thought that the shipping charges of $23 were exhorbitant but the listing promised "expedited shipping" and the bag had been authenticated by @whateve so I paid promptly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313494302672

The seller quickly generated a shipping label and tracking number, but USPS never received the item and the vendor didn't respond to my communications.

I had to wait until the end of original shipping period (Feb 29) to file a complaint with eBay, but they responded quickly and contacted the seller - but they also didn't receive a response. After waiting another week I received a message from eBay that they have refunded the full amount, so that's good.

View attachment 5962187
Do do realize that you can leave feedback for the seller.

Also, when you file a claim (in this case, INR), you should escalate and ask ebay to step in if the seller doesn't respond within the timeframe. You're very lucky that you got the refund because usually it's not automatic that they close the case; generally if it times out before you ask ebay to step in, they close it in the seller's favor.

Reactions: Jacynthe and katev
Do do realize that you can leave feedback for the seller.

Also, when you file a claim (in this case, INR), you should escalate and ask ebay to step in if the seller doesn't respond within the timeframe. You're very lucky that you got the refund because usually it's not automatic that they close the case; generally if it times out before you ask ebay to step in, they close it in the seller's favor.
Thank you for the information, I didn't know if I could leave feedback because the sale had been cancelled.

I did try to file a complaint sooner but I received a message from eBay stating that I had to wait until the estimated receipt date had passed; so I waited and then filed the complaint the next day. Next I got a message from eBay stating that they had notified the vendor of the complaint and that I should expect to hear from him/her soon; but the seller never responded.

Finally, I got a message from eBay stating that the seller had not provided the requested information and that the sale had been cancelled. I was very glad to promptly receive a full refund!

Reactions: Jacynthe
Thank you for the information, I didn't know if I could leave feedback because the sale had been cancelled.

I did try to file a complaint sooner but I received a message from eBay stating that I had to wait until the estimated receipt date had passed; so I waited and then filed the complaint the next day. Next I got a message from eBay stating that they had notified the vendor of the complaint and that I should expect to hear from him/her soon; but the seller never responded.

Finally, I got a message from eBay stating that the seller had not provided the requested information and that the sale had been cancelled. I was very glad to promptly receive a full refund!
You can't open INR (item not received) until the estimated delivery date has passed. The system is totally automated.

When you open the claim, the seller gets a message that their funds are held due to a claim and they're given 3 days to respond. In this case, they'd have to provide the tracking number. If tracking shows movement, they might give a few extra days for delivery. Especially in winter, delivery can take longer than estimated, plus ebay tends to be overly optimistic in their EDD (estimated date of delivery) guestimates.

If the seller doesn't respond or if there's no tracking showing delivery, you can go back to the case and in the dropdown box of the dispute, there'll be an option to have ebay step in. (That box doesn't show until after the seller's timeframe for responding passes.)

At that point, once ebay steps in, it's usually just a matter of minutes before you get notice that your claim was closed and the refund was issued.

It's never to a seller's benefit to ignore a claim. When ebay has to step in, the buyer not only gets the full refund but the seller doesn't get their FVF credited back to them and they get a huge ding on their account. (If the seller issues the refund themselves, they get credit for the FVF less 30 cents transaction fee.)

As long as you paid for the item and the seller lost the case you can leave feedback.

This is important!! DO NOT MENTION GETTING EBAY INVOLVED OR HAVING TO FILE A CLAIM. Any language to that effect can let the seller successfully report and get the feedback removed.

I'd suggest something like one I left a couple of months ago: "Very disappointing experience. I looked forward to getting the item but the seller never shipped it."

ETA: Oops, I see that you left feedback. Hopefully it won't be reported and will remain for future buyers to see.

Reactions: Jacynthe
seller tripleh-kr69 / triplehkr69

View attachment 5961985 View attachment 5961986

View attachment 5961998 View attachment 5962007

Although they don't show the creed in the listing above, it was shown in this seller that used the same pictures. (Japanese sellers often list the same items from different seller IDs.)

The same fake from yamanadesp / toysjapan was removed.

COACH Tote Bag Handbag 101-31 Vintage Brown …

seller tripleh-kr69 / triplehkr69

Both of the above fakes are b-a-a-a-c-k!

And another fake:

1710725140969.png 1710725171705.png

There may be more fakes mixed in but there are just too many listings to go through.

REPEAT: USE CAUTION IF BUYING FROM JAPANESE SELLERS!

This might be the ugliest fake, ever! https://shopgoodwill.com/item/193800756

No, we've seen much uglier ones (but the"LSD Dream" hangtag gets extra points for Creativity). Here are just a few from my "Fakes" folder, "Fake UGLY Bags" subfolder. The period between roughly 2005 and 2015 was the Golden Age Of Ugly Fake Coaches. Click on the thumbnails:

150081159319.JPGcrdistribution_130118586076.JPGdonna.com-280037290650a.jpgjosstampfle-0_backpack 1275_oct2017-c.jpgmcbeaudoin159-a.JPGrare2findboutique_fake Poppy-a.jpgrare2findboutique_fake Poppy-b.jpgWOOF_mhw-law-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited: