Coach goes to the movies....

Here's one that I've also posted in the "Id this coach bag" thread because I am not sure it really is a coach bag.

In the "19 Years Later" scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, we see the grown up Hermione carrying a huge brown leather bag with a prominent turnlock. When I first saw the film I thought "that looks like a Coach bag!" but I haven't been able to identify it. I've wondered if it is a large men's tote. You can see the bag in the clip below at about 1.29 and I have also posted a screenshot of it. Any ideas, do you think that this this bag Coach or not?

Attachments

• Hermione004.jpg
    Hermione004.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 642
The Secret Life of Henrietta Lacks had several vintage Coach bags.
My daughter and I both noticed them. I don't know enough Coach vintage to name them though, sorry.

I found this picture by doing a Google search. Definitely looks like a Coach. Could be a Legacy Zip...note silver grommets, gold buckle. Interesting.

Attachments

• immortal-life-of-henrietta-lacks.jpg
    immortal-life-of-henrietta-lacks.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 648
This is a small Coach guest appearance on TV and I originally posted it on TPF way back in January 2011, but I was surprised to see my Cupcake Fob on an episode of Hawaii Five-0 (season 1, episode 14). The detectives were searching a crime scene for clues to a missing woman. Her bag, wallet, blackberry, and keys were still in the house. I couldn't get a good look at the bag but I recognized my fob twin! See the attached screen shot taken from Hulu.com.

Attachments

• Hawaii50S1_14_cupcake.jpg
    Hawaii50S1_14_cupcake.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 617
The Secret Life of Henrietta Lacks had several vintage Coach bags.
My daughter and I both noticed them. I don't know enough Coach vintage to name them though, sorry.

I found this picture by doing a Google search. Definitely looks like a Coach. Could be a Legacy Zip...note silver grommets, gold buckle. Interesting.

Here's another pic, it's definitely a Legacy Zip - nice one!

Attachments

• HenriettaLacks.jpg
    HenriettaLacks.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 628
I think that the briefcase that Harrison Ford gives to Melanie Griffith in Working Girl is the Coach Diplomat Attaché with Combination Lock in British Tan, style number 5353 but I don't see a hangtag on her bag in the movie so it might just be a copycat.

Here is a photo of the actual bag and a couple of screenshots from the movie.
@katev Thanks so much for all the great references from your prior thread. I was reading through this thread the other morning before you posted this. And I thought, I wonder if Sigorney Weaver carried a Coach in "Working Girl" followed by , I wonder if the briefcase Harrison Ford gave Melanie Griffith. And lookie here. :smile:
Good times.

Jill Clayburgh carries a British Tan Stewardess Bag throughout the first part of An Unmarried Woman"
I actually grabbed all those images and then searched for the movie in netflix etc...(no dice, boo) Jill Clayburgh in that film is sort of my ideal fashion muse. I love everything she wears (although I am not tall and lanky) and somehow I missed that she carried a stewardess!! Thank you for this :biggrin:

@katev Thanks so much for all the great references from your prior thread. I was reading through this thread the other morning before you posted this. And I thought, I wonder if Sigorney Weaver carried a Coach in "Working Girl" followed by , I wonder if the briefcase Harrison Ford gave Melanie Griffith. And lookie here. :smile:
Good times.
I was going to post this! :biggrin:

Reactions: katev

Attachments

• DrifterKevinCanWait.jpg
    DrifterKevinCanWait.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:
Reactions: keishapie1973
Jodie Foster carries a Coach bag in Silence of the Lambs. In one scene Dr. Lecter sneers at her and calls her a rube because of her "good bag and cheap shoes".
I
I never got a good look at her briefcase so I don't know. I don't think that the purse is a City Bag, it almost looks like a Rambler to me but it is shorter than a Rambler. Perhaps Hyacinth or Whateve can help to identify it. I wish that the pictures were clearer!
It's a city bag - I found that tidbit on a movie wardrobe list ages ago - can't believe I forgot probably the very first coach sighting (of mine) in a movie. Doh. This was the one that made me think of the topic.

Reactions: K.E.W. and katev