Coach Fall 2012 Non-Legacy Thread

For the most part I've skipped the Legacy line. I did buy the Dragonfly duffle, and the cognac Candace, plus a couple of wristlets. The bright colors aren't for me, plus I'm one of the few that doesn't care for the leather on most of the bags. Also I think most are on the plain side, and like some others here, I prefer the beautiful Madison bags, like the gathered leather or embossed pieces.

Luckily I have a wonderful flagship store nearby, and I can see all the higher priced bags there. I have been buying fewer but nicer bags lately, which I prefer now.

I wanted to revive this instead of starting another....hoping I guess to find fellow TPFers to commiserate with. The fall 2012 collection was so disappointing. But IMO Spring is scary....are there even ANY non-Legacy bags? I am so tired of Duffles, Tanners and more Duffles!! Have any of you who were not Legacy fans bit the bullet and bought something Legacy? Has it truly won you over or were you simply compelled to buy a bag that you were so/so on? For example I love the Mint color but not the Legacy bag styles and cannot make myself cross the line so to speak. And now another PCE I probably won't use <sigh>

I am a Madison girl. That line is tops to me! With the exception of my Kristin Goat Leather Mama Sage, all of my bags are Madison's. I did step away recently and buy the new Haley satchel (23574) in cognac cause I think the cognac in the Legacy line is fabulous and rich.

I agree with those that say Legacy is too plain. There are some really pretty colors in the Legacy line but, the bags are very plain. I love hardware and gathered leather. We need some new colors and textures in the Madison line and they don't all need to be focused on the Caroline. I almost feel like Coach is walking away from everything but a little Poppy and lots of Legacy. Maybe they are waiting to unveil Madison in fun new colors. Whatever the case, they better do something soon or they will lose some of us to other brands or we will just use what we have.

Given the Legacy lines of the past (which I was super excited about when I heard they were doing Legacy again!) this current line is really subpar. I was super disappointed with it. And then hearing about the color issues, just blah. Even if I DID happen to like a bag, I wouldn't buy any, because I would be afraid the color would rub off the corners after a week!

The last bag I bought was the marigold Poppy Eyelet top handle. Before that was the Poppy swing hobo in the slate (I think?) sparkle. So I haven't bought much lately! LOL.

Oh, I bought the little pink purse key ring.. I guess that is legacy? The turnlock actually works on it, I had to have it. LOL

I wanted to revive this instead of starting another....hoping I guess to find fellow TPFers to commiserate with. The fall 2012 collection was so disappointing. But IMO Spring is scary....are there even ANY non-Legacy bags? I am so tired of Duffles, Tanners and more Duffles!! Have any of you who were not Legacy fans bit the bullet and bought something Legacy? Has it truly won you over or were you simply compelled to buy a bag that you were so/so on? For example I love the Mint color but not the Legacy bag styles and cannot make myself cross the line so to speak. And now another PCE I probably won't use <sigh>

I have two Legacy wallets...the ocelot clutch wallet and a colorblock slim envelope wallet. That is all I have from the Legacy line. I have purchased a few bags, but did not keep any of them. I've tried to like them and I do think a few of the bags are pretty, but they are just not my style. I prefer the Madison line and some of the discontinued lines. The last few previews have been a bit of a disappointment, but I don't think Legacy will be the focus forever...styles change so often. If it is here to stay and not much else is offered, I am sure I will find other brands to love. I have one in mind already.:cool:

It took forever for me to like anything from the Legacy line enough to actually spend money. In fact, I pretty much hated most Legacy bags. Finally happened for me with the Courtenay, which I love and not only bought in several colors, but I bought a whole rainbow of Legacy small leather goods (and a few Bleeker) and have a color coded organization system going now. I haven't used a Sophia in at least two weeks, which is shocking.

image-2367956057.jpg

What I've purchased. Plus a chambray tassel fob.

image-4100243699.jpg

Black Courtenay with all the small leather goods.

image-324024762.jpg

Inside the black Courtenay.

It took forever for me to like anything from the Legacy line enough to actually spend money. In fact, I pretty much hated most Legacy bags. Finally happened for me with the Courtenay, which I love and not only bought in several colors, but I bought a whole rainbow of Legacy small leather goods (and a few Bleeker) and have a color coded organization system going now. I haven't used a Sophia in at least two weeks, which is shocking.

View attachment 2062616

View attachment 2062617

Black Courtenay with all the small leather goods.

View attachment 2062618

Great idea...I love it!:biggrin:

OMG this is a little scary! I mean Poppy used to be even more blingy and bright than Madison and now they want Legacy to influence that line? So odd as I thought Coach wanted Poppy to appeal to teens and twenties?

I am also wondering if it is a cost issue. The Legacy bags must be cheaper to produce without the embellishments and the Horse and Carriage placards...just a simple classic bag with a tassle and painted Coach logo it has to be less expensive than Crocs, jewels and fancy hangtags. A way to maximize their profits. I do like the Haley as it reminds me a bit of Sabrina and I am looking to add a coral bag to my collection. It might be my first legacy. But I am just not super excited about Coach like I used to be when they had more variety. I miss the days of anticipating the bags we see in the previews.

I'm ready for new Madison! I think the only legacy I might jump ship for is the Courtney (however its spelled) in a fantastic color. I tried to love the duffle because I found a great deal on black cherry but I just couldn't. As for the poppy, back in nov before they started releasing the new line my SA told me they were going to be transforming the poppy line to be a cross between legacy and Madison while staying with the poppy tradition of pattern and color.

Last edited:
Ok I was actually contemplating the Coral Haley but on my way to Coach I stopped at Belk to look at their Coach bags with no SAs around. I dunno is it me or does the Legacy leather feel "dry" and like it might crack/crease and attract dirt in the creases? The type of dirt that won't clean out. Plus the colors, are so vibrant I would be afraid the color would come out from cleaning or conditioning. Even though I love the Coral and Mint colors, I just could not bring myself to crossover. Maybe I would take a chance if I got something at a really good outlet price. Or a color that I simply could not pass up

View attachment 2062616

View attachment 2062617

Black Courtenay with all the small leather

View attachment 2062618

I love all of your little cases!