Coach.com won't let me use donated PCE 4 out of stock color bag ...is this right?

On a sort-of-related note: I called and placed on order with Jax last week, PCE card in hand. The PCE was sent directly to me, it was not transferred or given to me by anyone else. However, when I gave them the code I was informed that I could not use it because it was not in my name! I was outraged! It was mailed directly to me and then they told me it wasn't registered to my name!!

I protested and said that I had also received an email with a code. At this point the person I was speaking with looked it up via my email address and was able to give me the discount. I am still baffled by the entire situation.

On a sort-of-related note: I called and placed on order with Jax last week, PCE card in hand. The PCE was sent directly to me, it was not transferred or given to me by anyone else. However, when I gave them the code I was informed that I could not use it because it was not in my name! I was outraged! It was mailed directly to me and then they told me it wasn't registered to my name!!

I protested and said that I had also received an email with a code. At this point the person I was speaking with looked it up via my email address and was able to give me the discount. I am still baffled by the entire situation.

I am wondering about this as well. When I ordered by phone, they didn't even ask for my code. They just looked up my name to see if I was supposed to have one. I got one in the mail and one in my email, so I don't know which one I ended up using, but I suspect it was the one in the mail because the other one came in my husband's email, not mine. I think they are really cracking down on sharing. I wonder what was different about the one mailed to you that it didn't match what was in the computer.