Coach: Chic Forever?!??!?

I especially love the leather of the Coach bags i bought 8-10 years ago .. I had a friend who worked for Mark Cross which at the time was owned by Sara Lee... Sara Lee used to own Coach, well anyway one day she took me to the Coach store and let me buy whatever on her 50% employee discount - I stocked up! Actually just in the last year I took the last one out of the box.. a red station bag .. so I've been loving them for a long time. I didn't buy any Coach after the fabric C bags came out. I was actually quite dissapointed since I thought the leather was so high quality and didn't want to pay as much and more to advertise their C logo.

I've got over that now since they have diversified the styles and fabrics so much the last couple of years. Alas no more discount at the Coach store but I still love their bags and the leather ones, especially will be timeless.

Since reading this forum, though, I've come to appreciate several other manufacturers and probably will try something new next time I've got a chance.

Coach stock was up again today :smile:

Well I just went into the Coach store near my office to look at that leather satchel in person. It seems a bit too big for me (I am petite), but the brown is definitely the best color. The pink actually has a touch of lavender to it in person and reminded me of yogurt.

I looked around some more and I think my favorite of the current line is this carryall:

3661_SOPWT_d2.jpg

It's such a nice blue and the handles are long enough to wear on the shoulder. But I doubt I will get it just yet... I want another LV or a Gucci!

im weary about a lot of monogram prints, so I'm not sure that that will stay popular, but you cant go wrong with a plain leather bag. My favorite from coach is the large soho hobo in tan leather...so beautiful and light!!

Vista said:
I especially love the leather of the Coach bags i bought 8-10 years ago .. I had a friend who worked for Mark Cross which at the time was owned by Sara Lee... Sara Lee used to own Coach, well anyway one day she took me to the Coach store and let me buy whatever on her 50% employee discount - I stocked up! Actually just in the last year I took the last one out of the box.. a red station bag .. so I've been loving them for a long time. I didn't buy any Coach after the fabric C bags came out. I was actually quite dissapointed since I thought the leather was so high quality and didn't want to pay as much and more to advertise their C logo.

I've got over that now since they have diversified the styles and fabrics so much the last couple of years. Alas no more discount at the Coach store but I still love their bags and the leather ones, especially will be timeless.

Since reading this forum, though, I've come to appreciate several other manufacturers and probably will try something new next time I've got a chance.

Coach stock was up again today :smile:

They don't anymore?

IMO, when Sara Lee purchased them, that is when they started to go down in style and leather quality. After they purchased is, I believe, when they started to manufacture them out of the US.

They used to have the heavy weight leather, which was so thick and scrumptious! :love:

I think some Coach bags will be chic and classic. Others are more a trendy look or something more "in the moment." Just depends on which style you get.

I'm actually tempted to invest in their stock.

i really want one of the gallery totes with the huge C's on it from the spring line, i think they look so 60s and mod. me likie.

and i think that anything bought in good taste with a high-quality shape and fabric will be chic for a long time.

I love the blue and white bag, its quite stunning and stylish - the pink bagi is sweet too, probably more practical being all leather.

Tina