Coach 1941 Resort 2017

Some press snippets

Coach 1941 Resort 2017 - VOGUE Runway (by CHIOMA NNADI)

Coach turns 75 this year and executive creative director Stuart Vevers is busy putting down his own milestones on the timeline with the first Pre-Spring collection in the brand’s history. The British designer has brought a youthful, buzzy energy to the accessories house since he joined in 2013, and builds on that momentum with his latest offering. Fast cars and the open road have been recurring themes for Vevers, and this season the archetypal rebel without a cause gets thrown into the melee of beloved Americana references he’s mined in the past, including the tried-and-true collegiate wardrobe and more quirky pop culture motifs (yes, Felix the Cat, we’re looking at you!).

The resulting clothes reinforce the cool-girl attitude and irreverent wit that has been Vevers’s calling card since he began. Outerwear is undoubtedly one of the brand’s strong suits, and the hybrid varsity-***-moto jacket takes several forms for Pre-Spring, with raglan sleeves, fringing, and novelty appliqué all remixed and remastered in ways that are appealing and fresh. The best-selling floral dresses of Spring 2016 get a moody, biker-babe update as pretty patchwork plaid frocks, while Western-inspired silk shirts are finished with charming retro touches such as rocket launcher patterns. Vevers drives home his message with the accessories, and Coach’s utilitarian Rogue bag seems poised to be a future classic alongside the anniversary saddle bags in stores now, especially given the range of collectible styles on offer. Chances are, the patchwork and suede fringed versions in the bunch will fly off the shelves this winter.
Source: VOGUE Runway

Coach 1941 Resort 2017 - WWD (by Mayte Allende)

Three years ago, when Stuart Vevers took the helm at Coach 1941, he had a plan and a vision for the brand. “I really saw Coach as being a destination for fashion,” he said. Today, he has no doubt reinvigorated the American brand into a solid fashion player. “It’s really important to me to challenge what luxury means to the next generation. Luxury does not have to be formal,” Vevers added.

Looks-wise, he stuck to his formula. Biker jackets offset by feminine dresses came in fun “customized” versions with badges; T-shirts reminiscent of the quintessential American rock tees featured automobile motifs, which carried over into totes as well as sneakers. Felix the Cat even made a few appearances throughout. “I think it’s quite an eclectic mix of references,” Vevers pointed out. Case in point: a cool parka with cowboy shirt detailing.

“I really want Coach to be in the forefront of what luxury in fashion can be going forward,” Vevers concluded.
Source - WWD

OMG!!! I can't even believe this. My dog is named Felix after Felix the cat. My current bag is a chalk rogue and it is the best bag I've ever owned. Holy crap. Take all my money Coach lol!

Thanks I am crazy about him too and have always been a fan of Felix the Cat. I have Felix stuff all over my house. This new collection is going to murder my bank account. Ironically I just ordered a black rogue 36 and saw another spy pic of Felix on a black rogue 36 as well as the chalk medium rogue which is what I have now. I have always been into muscle cars too and have a Camaro. My friends think coach is stalking and marketing to me. Haha. This new stuff could not be more perfect for me.