Clutch crisis help needed: Miss Dior Promenade vs Bottega Veneta Knot

Miss Dior or BV Knot?

• Total voters

swissmiss123

Nov 18, 2013
Hi there Dior experts/enthusiasts,

I have six days to pick a clutch before I fly off to Europe for a black tie wedding and I need your help choosing a formal evening bag.

http://www.bottegaveneta.com/us/clutch_cod45250242xo.html
http://www.dior.com/couture/en_us/w...or-promenade-pouch-in-black-lambskin-11-21844

I was originally going to get the BV for sure. It's just so classic and iconic and beautiful and all the famous actresses seem to have at least one. However, I'm no famous actress and I'm concerned about being sloppy and spilling champagne/makeup/whatever else on it and completely destroying the fabric. I asked if they had an all black leather clutch in that size and that was a negative.

Another concern I had about BV: it's so formal. I don't go to fancy events very often and the Miss Dior seems more versatile in that it can be dressed up or down much more effortlessly (at least with my wardrobe anyway).

Dior is my favorite brand of all time that has ever existed on this earth and I already have several of their bags (no BV yet), but my relationship with Dior has been tumultuous. I have a nasty habit of falling in love with every bag they make, and they have a nasty habit of discontinuing pretty much every bag but the Lady Dior - so one season I'll be completely in love with a passionate fire in my loins for Dior and the next season I'll be throwing raging tantrums and saying things about Dior that I don't mean because some bag I planned on buying is gone forever.

I absolutely adore (haha, get it?) :smile: the Miss Dior promenade...do you all think this is truly a timeless design or will it look "so over" and dated this time next year? I'd get it w/ silver hardware (the picture is showing the champagne gold). Do any of you Dior lovers own BV silk/satin clutches and if so, have you been able to get them cleaned up after a mishap or were they completely destroyed?

Help me be a grown up and make a decision before my flight...thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rikireads
I hv Ms Dior Promenade in patent leather with silver hardware. I use it for smart casual or formal dinner. As the strap is removable, u can either wear long, double strap or as clutch. I think its more versatile. However cant give u any opinion on BV as i don't own any.

Best of luck in yr decision. [emoji4]