~~~**Club Montorgueil**~~~

I'm so excited, I just grabbed my first LV, and it's a Monty PM! I wanted something about the same size as a speedy 35, but the shoulder strap was a must. Plus I love how the Monty isn't seen out and about as much where I live :biggrin: Excited, pics soon!

I need to hunt down an organizer though, I've just flat out been needing an organizer for my purses for years!

Greetings Monty Club! I have been stalking this purse since 2008. I liked the speedy 30, but something more structured and unique. My first purchase was the Berkley in 2012 and then the Montorgueil was discontinued :sad: I have an opportunity to get a pre-loved GM, but can anyone tell me how the size compares to the Speedy 30/35 or the Berkley.
I am also interested in hearing why you chose the Monty. And how it compares to the Speedy.

Last edited:
I liked the shape, the size of my PM and the handles. I can wear this piece over my shoulder, something I couldn't do w/the Speedy. Carrying it last week as my Bag of the Week reminded me of why I had to get it:smile:

I'm so excited, I just grabbed my first LV, and it's a Monty PM! I wanted something about the same size as a speedy 35, but the shoulder strap was a must. Plus I love how the Monty isn't seen out and about as much where I live :biggrin: Excited, pics soon!

I need to hunt down an organizer though, I've just flat out been needing an organizer for my purses for years!

Congratulations on your new Monty pm! I had a GM for several years and absolutely loved it. It was such a comfortable bag. I got my organizer custom made back then from Divide and Conquer on Etsy.

I think I've never join this club...

this is my montorgueil gm , from 2012

Your Monty is gorgeous!

Greetings Monty Club! I have been stalking this purse since 2008. I liked the speedy 30, but something more structured and unique. My first purchase was the Berkley in 2012 and then the Montorgueil was discontinued :sad: I have an opportunity to get a pre-loved GM, but can anyone tell me how the size compares to the Speedy 30/35 or the Berkley.

I am also interested in hearing why you chose the Monty. And how it compares to the Speedy.

I'm not much help as I've never had a Speedy or Berkley but I thought the Monty GM was such a great size. I'm 5'7" and about 135 lbs. and I found it fit my body nicely. The only reason I sold it was because one corner wore through. Word of warning on the Monty. The corners are susceptible to wear. I was VERY careful with mine and it still happened.

Sold my Monty gm a year ago and miss it. Darkened patina and just wasn't using as much. Found a preloved 09 near mint for 567.00, should I get it again? I still want a neverfull MM mono in cerise red and a GM I'm damier ebene and a speedy b 35, should I hold out to get these? Does the Monty look dated now?

Sold my Monty gm a year ago and miss it. Darkened patina and just wasn't using as much. Found a preloved 09 near mint for 567.00, should I get it again? I still want a neverfull MM mono in cerise red and a GM I'm damier ebene and a speedy b 35, should I hold out to get these? Does the Monty look dated now?
I personally don't think it looks dated at all. I say go for the bag. So glad I kept mine

I personally don't think it looks dated at all. I say go for the bag. So glad I kept mine
Thanks for your opinion as do needed it! Never repurchased a bag and sorta feel silly but the handles were getting pretty dark and not a fan and was using my higher end LVs more, but I realize I miss it so and being preloved not so sure I will find one in condition I would want and not willing to pay a ton for it. 587 with shipping is not bad you think? It's the four small scratches in canvas that sorta makes me hesitate but looks mint outside of that

Love the monty but if you've already sold it must have a reason. Unless those reasons have changed?
Yes! I thought to be plain Next to all the others and low end looking. Just blah but was my most used Lv for two years next to neverfull but just recently have been able to afford higher end lv, like empriente line, so sorta didn't want to use it anymore. But I feel such a solid handbag overall And holds a lot and very comfortable. Was my casual weekend bag for most part, didn't use it for work. But I still hesitate to buy since Friday...so maybe you are right. Do you think 587.00 is good?

Thanks for your opinion as do needed it! Never repurchased a bag and sorta feel silly but the handles were getting pretty dark and not a fan and was using my higher end LVs more, but I realize I miss it so and being preloved not so sure I will find one in condition I would want and not willing to pay a ton for it. 587 with shipping is not bad you think? It's the four small scratches in canvas that sorta makes me hesitate but looks mint outside of that
Mine is an 09 as well, bought new...I'm thinking it's a touch high.
I would suggest checking Fashionphile and Yoogi's Closet to see what the bag goes for.

Yes! I thought to be plain Next to all the others and low end looking. Just blah but was my most used Lv for two years next to neverfull but just recently have been able to afford higher end lv, like empriente line, so sorta didn't want to use it anymore. But I feel such a solid handbag overall And holds a lot and very comfortable. Was my casual weekend bag for most part, didn't use it for work. But I still hesitate to buy since Friday...so maybe you are right. Do you think 587.00 is good?
I have not seen the scratches on thr canvas but is it deep? Canvas cant be repaired. If I were in the same position and for some reason I sold my Monty it would mean I had my reasons and would not re-purchase unless its a steal. I can always upgrade and buy another bag but thats me :smile: