Clemence VS Emilie

I have the clemence and I love it! Yes, it is basically like a smaller zippy. It's smaller and holds less. I prefer the size of clemence because the zippy seems very big to me. I also love the pop of color inside.

I think it is newer than the emilie so maybe that's why fewer people have it?

I got the Emilie for Xmas and LIKE it. I wish I got a more of a compact wallet. My SA told me that one will be released in June and it comes with a pop of colour too. Wait to see the new ones coming out.

I thought about the Emilie for a while but was concerned about the coloured button peeling. I ended up getting the Monogram/Fuchsia Clemence and love it. I was almost put off by the leather zipper pull but it looks easy enough to replace if it gets worn. Eight card slots is plenty for me, the regular zippy would be too big.

Well clemence is a fairly new wallet so there's not going to be as many review as Emilie. I personally prefer the clemence. As for the zipper pull, you can minimize the problem by holding close to the zipper end instead of the thin end of the zipper pull.

I am a fan of zip up wallets, so I'm going to say the Clemence. The Clemence is actually not that much smaller than the Zippy, but it lacks the middle compartment. The interior color is super cute too!

I bought my mother the Clemence not too long ago and she loves it. She loves it so much that she barely even wants to use it because it was so nice and new and she wanted to cherish it. :lol:

I recently bought the Clemence,after going to the store and checking out a lot of wallets.. Before going to the store,I thought I would buy the Emilie. But to me the Clemence was much more appealing.I love everything about it; the smooth zipper, how thin in is and how much it fits!! :smile:

Hi again,

I debated between these two wallets and ultimately chose the Emilie because I found the Clemence card slots difficult to use. I also like the ease of a button closure rather than a zipper. However after reading some of the reviews on each wallet, does anyone have any comparison opinions between the two? Do the Clemence card slots loosen with time? I know people say that the Emilie button color rubs off and the card slots curl and there could be glazing issues. I’ve always had compact wallets (my favorite being the Empreinte key pouch) but I would like to transition to a larger wallet. Thanks for any input! I appreciate it

Reactions: hart88hart
I’ve had both. I sold my clemence as it didn’t fit all the cards I wanted and I found I kept having to rotate or take out cards and I would be missing cards when I needed them when I would be shopping. The card slots do loosen up overtime and I found it got bulky quick. The wallet also had bad memories with it so the decision to sell it was easy for me. My emilie wallet I still have. The flap does curl if you use it too much. Mine have been fine for a few years. I don’t see it curling but I’ve seen a few emilie wallets that have. I think if you take care of your wallet you should be fine but I enjoy a flap wallet vs zipper since I find it faster to access when I need something. Sometimes I wish there were more card slots in the emilie but it’s great for carrying cash and a lot of coins compared to the clemence wallet. (But then there’s the Sarah wallet for that.) Hope that helps!

I’ve had both. I sold my clemence as it didn’t fit all the cards I wanted and I found I kept having to rotate or take out cards and I would be missing cards when I needed them when I would be shopping. The card slots do loosen up overtime and I found it got bulky quick. The wallet also had bad memories with it so the decision to sell it was easy for me. My emilie wallet I still have. The flap does curl if you use it too much. Mine have been fine for a few years. I don’t see it curling but I’ve seen a few emilie wallets that have. I think if you take care of your wallet you should be fine but I enjoy a flap wallet vs zipper since I find it faster to access when I need something. Sometimes I wish there were more card slots in the emilie but it’s great for carrying cash and a lot of coins compared to the clemence wallet. (But then there’s the Sarah wallet for that.) Hope that helps!
Thank you so much! I think I may exchange it for the Sarah which has more room but I’ll sleep on it and decide tomorrow. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback!

Hi,
I want to plug the Sarah wallet. It is a bit more expensive than the Emilie but it offers many features, like the metal button, a slip pocket on the back and 16 credit card slots. What I especially love about it is that it can function as a clutch too. I normally keep a slender pen and lip gloss in it. It can also fit my phone (iPhone 6), a passport or a small set of keys, or a checkbook. Obviously, not all at once, but each of them will fit if I need my wallet to accommodate one of these items. I absolutely love it!

Reactions: Zahni
Hi,
I want to plug the Sarah wallet. It is a bit more expensive than the Emilie but it offers many features, like the metal button, a slip pocket on the back and 16 credit card slots. What I especially love about it is that it can function as a clutch too. I normally keep a slender pen and lip gloss in it. It can also fit my phone (iPhone 6), a passport or a small set of keys, or a checkbook. Obviously, not all at once, but each of them will fit if I need my wallet to accommodate one of these items. I absolutely love it!
Thank you! I’m going back today to make a final decision but I’ve heard great things about the Sarah wallet.