Cleaning your Burberry canvas. it WORKS!

Ivan4

Aug 8, 2013
So, couple months ago, I purchased a Burberry canvas tote on eBay but when it arrived, I found a lot of pen marks on this bag that have not been mentioned in the selling description. I got the bag for such a good price, I felt silly returning it! I went to purse forum to look for ways to clean my new bag.. I found a post that said you can take little cotton pads, dip them in bleach and put on the stained area for couple of hours. I did and my goodness did it WORK!!! Not only did it take away the pen ink COMPLETELY, it also took away all the dust, dirt and other hardly visible stains! The areas that have been cleaned with these pads, look like a brand new Burberry canvas!

I thought I would share this experience only because I purhcased another bag the other day, it is one of the pink canvas ones, a tote to be exact. When it arrived, the canvas had a lot of "yellowing" on the surface. I tried the pads+bleach and it worked again! The canvas LOOKS LIKE NEW! Be aware, that after bleaching even a tiny part of your bag, there will an odor left from the bleach. I managed to get it off after lightly "massaging" each bleached area with baby soap and water.

Reactions: *princess
So, couple months ago, I purchased a Burberry canvas tote on eBay but when it arrived, I found a lot of pen marks on this bag that have not been mentioned in the selling description. I got the bag for such a good price, I felt silly returning it! I went to purse forum to look for ways to clean my new bag.. I found a post that said you can take little cotton pads, dip them in bleach and put on the stained area for couple of hours. I did and my goodness did it WORK!!! Not only did it take away the pen ink COMPLETELY, it also took away all the dust, dirt and other hardly visible stains! The areas that have been cleaned with these pads, look like a brand new Burberry canvas!

I thought I would share this experience only because I purhcased another bag the other day, it is one of the pink canvas ones, a tote to be exact. When it arrived, the canvas had a lot of "yellowing" on the surface. I tried the pads+bleach and it worked again! The canvas LOOKS LIKE NEW! Be aware, that after bleaching even a tiny part of your bag, there will an odor left from the bleach. I managed to get it off after lightly "massaging" each bleached area with baby soap and water.
Hi!

Your before and after pictures looks amazing.

Can you give more specific details? When you say small cotton pads, do you mean those you use to remove makeup right? Do you just dip it in bleach, squeeze and place it on top of your bag? How many hours exactly?

I'm apprehensive about using bleach cos it might take some color out.

Thanks

Hi!

Your before and after pictures looks amazing.

Can you give more specific details? When you say small cotton pads, do you mean those you use to remove makeup right? Do you just dip it in bleach, squeeze and place it on top of your bag? How many hours exactly?

I'm apprehensive about using bleach cos it might take some color out.

Thanks
Hi!
I'm sorry, I have not seen your reply until now. What I did exactly on all three of my COATED canvas bags: Take a cotton pad, any cotton pad that you'd remove your make-up with. I use the flat ones, not cotton balls. Soak it in bleach, put it onto the area that needs to be cleaned. I have no idea how the bleach will react with leather or anything else but coated canvas so be careful not to put the pads on those other materials. Once it's on, nice and flat, I'd put some extra drops of bleach onto the pad (sorry for my english, I'm originally from Europe). First time, I'd let it on the purse for only couple of minutes just t make sure there was no unwanted reaction happening between the bleach and the canvas. If everything was fine, I'd let go on for 30, 45-60 minutes. Even after one hour you'll be able to see results! I'll let mine for much longer than that with the other two purses. After each hour passed though, I'll come back and drop a few more drops of bleach onto the pads. Remove. Smell, and go get yourself a bottle of baby soap or wipes. I have never tried anything else to remove the smell of leach of these bags, and can't tell if anything else works. All I can say, it worked for me. Let us know how it worked!

Ivana

Reactions: LookGood_FeelGood