Cleaning with baby-wipes?

Twin Matrix

Sep 23, 2011
I read on here that the best way to clean canvas bags is to use baby wipes. I bought a pack -- perfume-free, soap-free, etc. -- but when I clean the bag it leaves 'soap trails' anyway? Like you know, those white trails that you get from using soap as well. Are baby wipes supposed to work this way? Or did I get a wrong brand or something? I've never used baby wipes aside from this of course, so I have no idea... ^^;

I know what you mean. That happened to me too. :nuts: Now I usually rinse the sheet and wring it out first so it won't leave the soapy trails. There's far more cleanser on those sheets than you need to wipe down your bag.

I would not wipe my bags with anything... Especially LV's vachetta. I know lots of people recommend BB wipes, but it completely dries up the leather.

The only time I use BB wipes are for my shoes. I wipe down the outsole every couple of times after I wear them.

Well baby wipes do have soap on them, they are meant to clean poopy butts. people use them on bags because they are meant to be gentle. But I would personally choose a leather cleaner over a baby wipe.

Twin Matrix, wiping down with a white damp cloth is great (on canvas bags). If there's dirt, use a white soapy cloth rung out until just damp, wipe the offending dirt off, and then go over with another white damp cloth (sans soap).

Use Woolite for cleaning canvas/cloth bags; it's gentle and safe.

I'm hoping you were able to remove the 'soapy trails' on your canvas bag by just wiping down with white water-dampened cloths.

I'm emphasizing the 'white' because you don't want to use colored material to wipe your bags down in case of color transfer.

As others have said, regardless of any posts to the contrary, cleaning anything with baby wipes other than a baby's butt is not smart at all. NOT SMART.