Cleaning Suede with a Nail File ... PHOTOS!

yay! my fish carryall has like light green suede on the bottom and I have gotten it SOOOO dirty.. I will try this! thanks for posting the pictures and instructions!!

heres a question, what can you spray or put on a new suede bag to protect it? anything? tia!

I've sprayed suede bags with the suede protector I bought for my Ugg boots. Worked great!

In the past, I've tried the nail file trick on my Uggs and it worked, too! I bought the light sand colored ones and I HATE it when they have even a tiny spot of dirt on them. :P

Thanks for posting this. I will definitely have to try it. The suede cleaning kit didn't work for me either and as a result, I had to retire one of my favorite bags because it was so dirty.

Thanks, this is a great tip especially since I'm going to the outlet on Friday and I've heard of great 50% off sales on suede bags. And I'm going to buy some shining monkey too!

I'm really impressed by your results! i didn't know a nail file would be THAT good at getting stains out! I love the colour of your bag too. Is that Dusty rose? The colour looks slighty different under different lights so I can't quite tell.

Thank you so much for posting this! My first and favorite bag is the Coach Hamptons Weekend Scarf Print Tote and I had to stop carrying it because it looked so grungy. The nail file worked so well for me my bf asked me if I bought a replacement bag.

A nail file is essentially the same thing as a suede brush - the one with the metal bristles. In fact, it may be even more gentle than that. I am so glad that tip worked!

Oh, I use Wilson's leather protector on any leather or suede items. It has never darkened anything yet (even white things) and I've never found anything better for water resistance and keeping stains on the surface for easy removal. It is pretty cheap, too, and available at any Wilson's store or outlet or online.