Cleaning lady--is this price reasonable?

simseema17

Homo sapien
Jul 14, 2007
Our house is 1900 sq feet. We really need a cleaning lady with our schedule and our first baby's due date is approaching.

So I've had someone come, they did an excellent job, but just was curious if this price is reasonable....it seems like a lot, so I'm hoping we can keep up with the service...

Every other week is $100

I wanted to do once a month, but she said it would cost more

We tried one person for cheaper, and it was a poor job

I feel like I'm kinda stuck with options here

I was paying $80 every two weeks but prices are really regional. My mother used to have a much larger house than mine and she payed something like $100 once a week and then moved to a smaller town (similar size house and was only paying $45 a week.

My house is 3000 sq ft.
I have 3 cleaning people coming every week for $160.00 per week. They are here 2 hours & do everything in that time. We have allergies & they deep clean everything for dust. Had the same team for 9 years. Love 'em.

I think that seems reasonable. About 5 years ago or so, I used to clean houses on the weekend for some vacation rentals. The houses were between 1500-2000 sq. ft..took me around 2-3 hours each, depending upon how dirty they were and I was paid $75 a week per house. So, I definitely think that a $100 cleaning fee is acceptable.

^More than reasonable imo. Some people are cheap and do great jobs others just move stuff around or don't do a good enough cleaning. My parents pay around $120 every two weeks but they have a large house and 3 shedding animals. Our cleaning woman has been around for 3 years now and is great.

Definitely reasonable - especially if they do a good job!

In San Francisco, we had a guy coming every other week to clean our 2 bed/1.5 bath apartment (~1800 sq. feet) for $90 a visit.