Cleaning/conditioning vachetta...mini panic!!

Katyofu

Aug 13, 2015
Hi

I have an eight year old Tivoli GM that I bought pre-loved.

I really want to clean/condition her vachetta and bought some products to do so. I bought Leovet's 'Good Olde Leathercream' and Collonil Waterstop at the recommendation of some people on here.

I am really, really nervous to try them though. I'm not exactly sure how I should be applying the leather cream either.

Should I do it? The handles of my tivoli are a darker colour because they're dirty. I'm just SO scared to ruin the nice honey vachetta that is everywhere else.

Also - will I ruin the stitching if I go over it with leather cream?

Help me be brave!

Last edited:
Hi

I really want to clean/condition her vachetta and bought some products to do so. I bought Leovet's 'Good Olde Leathercream' and Collonil Waterstop at the recommendation of some people on here.

I am really, really nervous to try them though. I'm not exactly how I should be applying the leather cream either.

Should I do I? The handles of my tivoli are a darker colour because they're dirty. I'm just SO scared to ruin the nice honey vachetta that is everywhere else.

Help me be brave!
For cleaning I've always used scent and alcohol-free baby wipes to remove the soiling, allowed the leather to dry completely, repeat as needed until satisfied with the patina, then conditioned with either Apple or BLMBs.

Umm...I'm not going to give you advise on whether or not to do it (yes, I know, I'm worthless). But I would like to see before and after pics if you do move forward with it. Best of luck!!

Hi

I am really, really nervous to try them though. I'm not exactly sure how I should be applying the leather cream either.

Should I do it? The handles of my tivoli are a darker colour because they're dirty. I'm just SO scared to ruin the nice honey vachetta that is everywhere else.

Help me be brave!

Not familiar with those products but the leathercream seems to be the same as "BlackRock" which is also a carnauba wax base product I use and swear by. I clean by vachetta first with Dawn Platinum. I use my fingers to massage in the dawn then a damp washrag to remove the dirt and dawn. I do not use any type of sponge, (the link below includes sponges - it is the only one I could find with the 5x Dawn I use)

http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Platinum...201&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=dawn+platinum&psc=1

Last edited: