Cleaning/Caring for Chanel PATENT Leather.

i could see that it's a permanent stain and not sure if it can be removed if u send it to chanel store or professionals to service this.

If e stain has already absorb/settled in the leather, then i'm not sure if they could do this.

Since the seller has mentioned in her auction listin abt the stain, then if u have any concern, u shldn't have bid it in the 1st place.
Thanks for your advice.. I knew about the stain and decided to BIN at $399, because IMO it is still a good deal.. ;) So,, now I am just searching for the best way to get those stains out,, and just wondered if Chanel has cleaning kinda service thing.. If it doesn't work.. still ok. I will resale or get creative on the bag.

I will update with this bag after I got it.. I will take it to the Chanel first and see what I can do..

Thanks to All!! :tup:

if i were you, i would send it to redye which i might do for my beige and black 'olsen' lambskin tote since the beige gets too easily dirty. who knows if it'll work out the other way just as great if you take the chance? i think the bag will look fab in black patent too! ;)

Thanks for your advice.. I knew about the stain and decided to BIN at $399, because IMO it is still a good deal.. ;) So,, now I am just searching for the best way to get those stains out,, and just wondered if Chanel has cleaning kinda service thing.. If it doesn't work.. still ok. I will resale or get creative on the bag.

I will update with this bag after I got it.. I will take it to the Chanel first and see what I can do..

Thanks to All!! :tup:

Indeed, the price is hard to resist and it's such a gd deal...keep us posted and hope we can hear gd news from you. For last resort, if it can't be done, like others said, u may want to redye it to black, i think it gives another new look:heart::love:

if i were you, i would send it to redye which i might do for my beige and black 'olsen' lambskin tote since the beige gets too easily dirty. who knows if it'll work out the other way just as great if you take the chance? i think the bag will look fab in black patent too! ;)

Will Chanel redye something a different color or do you have to use someplace else.
I was under the impression they only redyed to the original color.

It would seem that you would be able to dye it somehow since it obviously picks up color. I'm not sure how the whole migrant color thing works with patent (and that's the reason I'll never buy light colored patent) but if all else fails I would imagine you could wrap it in something highly prone to color transfer and really make it tie-dyed looking instead of randomly splotchy. I really hope it all works out for you, it's a very pretty bag.
This would be a really cool idea if it worked- a tie dyed Chanel bag would be awesome. For such a fantastic price I hope you're able to make it work somehow!! Good luck!

Dang! What in the world happened to that bag! Looks like it was the subject of a kids immagination or or perhaps victim of a conveyor belt? Bummer! I hope hope hope it is surface only. Yeah try the non-accetone suggestion see what happens.

Hi, i had a horrible stains in my ysl patent tribute bag (white), and i was able to take it out with "[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather wipes" you can buy them at any car repair store and they only cost $6 and they saved my tribute! Good luck! :smile:

Hope this helps!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dang! What in the world happened to that bag! Looks like it was the subject of a kids immagination or or perhaps victim of a conveyor belt? Bummer! I hope hope hope it is surface only. Yeah try the non-accetone suggestion see what happens.
WOW!!! I was wondering the same thing. Looks like it got in a fight with something blue or black. :boxing: Such as NICE bag. What a shame. It it ever gets back to its' original state,it will be one FAB bag. G/L

I received a patent flap today.. it starts with number 4 on the serial no.. so I guess it should be a few yrs ago.. and I found the flap is a bit sticky somehow.. Should I clean it with facial wipe? or anything recommanded?

Patent leather is a hard one to clean. Wipe it down with a little alcohol and if it's still sticky, then the patent coating on the leather has started to break down -- usually due to humidity. Not much that can be done in that case.

I got a patent flap that was incredibly sticky but after a few months in the SoCal climate it's definitely better. ... but still slightly sticky.

In general tho', you can use glass cleaner to clean patent leather.

Ic thanks very much . I used to own LV Vernis pieces which is patent but they never get sticky...

lucky I havent try anything. maybe i try to use glass cleaner.. good to know i am not alone..