Cleaning/Caring for Chanel PATENT Leather.

Sorry to hear that...

If you have not paid yet, I think you might be able to withdraw from the bid and tell the seller you change the mind. Good luck!

Actually, the seller disclosed the stains in their auction and they are obvious in the pictures. You can't simply withdraw after the fact, especially if you knew about the damage and bid anyway.

Sorry to hear that...

If you have not paid yet, I think you might be able to withdraw from the bid and tell the seller you change the mind. Good luck!

This seller was completely up front about the condition and she showed the photos. It was basically an "at your own risk". The seller didn't guarantee that the bag could be cleaned either so I think the seller did everything by the book.

Actually, the seller disclosed the stains in their auction and they are obvious in the pictures. You can't simply withdraw after the fact, especially if you knew about the damage and bid anyway.
That is true.. I knew about that stain and bought it.. so now I have to find a way to clean it.. Hopefully i can remove those stain.. :smile:

I have this expert shoe repairman in BH that most of the boutiques send their bags to for service. He said there is nothing that will clean patent leather and it can't be dyed. It would appear that you are SOL. Either carry it as is or break out the colored paint pens and get creative. Good luck! In future, no patent leather that's not pristine! :shrugs:
In Beverly Hills?? I am kinda newbie in the forum.. so don't know if you can disclose the repairman's info here.. if you can,, can you give me his contact number or something?? I might need him sometime later,, even though this Chanel won't work.. yeah.. if i can't remove the stains.. i will get creative :graucho:

I was thinking the same thing re dying the bag black or navy. My logic, although at times faulty, went so along the line of if a stain can penetrate the patent finish, then why wouldn't dye penetrate it. The next question is what happens to the patent finish?

My next thought is why wouldn't Chanel be able to replace whatever section is stained with a new piece of white patent?

In summation, before you try cleaning it and perhaps making things worse, take the bag to Chanel and ask if they can fix it, even if it means replacing whatever panel is stained. Keep us posted. Never know when someone else ends up in a similar situation.