Cleaning/Caring for Chanel PATENT Leather.

The bag on display has the sealing on the edges coming off too. I asked the SA, she said that this is ok and its normal for those that is on the patent leather excess wrap around, not on the sealing part. I gently peeled some off cause it is really ugly then is hanging there.

The bag on display has the sealing on the edges coming off too. I asked the SA, she said that this is ok and its normal for those that is on the patent leather excess wrap around, not on the sealing part. I gently peeled some off cause it is really ugly then is hanging there.
OMG, really?! Im glad that i asked here. Thank you soooo vety much for the info. I was really worried about sending it in to repair and it'd come back with a scratch or sth as some other people had experienced.
I think patent leather is definately more durable than lambskin. i used it everyday in Paris for 6 days straight and got caught in the rain a few times. It got wet although i did carry an umbrella. I just wipe it clean with a white towel when i got back to the hotel. My Blenciaga city got some serious scratch marks when i use it wearing a trench coat with zippers on the sides. So i am very careful with all my bags now if there is any embellishments on my clothes. I have a cavier m/l classic, but i havent used it once since i got this boy as it does hold a lot more than the classic. Absolutely in love with this boy. Patent leather is very eye catching. My husband said he noticed even guys stairing at my bags.😆
Thx again and enjoy your bag!

Hi,
So, I'm wanting to purchase a Chanel continental flap wallet that's patent leather and in red on some auction site.
While this wallet does look practically new, I noticed that there are 2 tiny tiny black spots on the front and 1 another tiny black spot in the back of the wallet. The spots are visible when only zoomed in, but still visible.
When I inquired about the spots, the seller went to Chanel and was told that these black spots (they are like almost like pen spots, but really literally just a spot) are natural grains of the patent leather and are there from the beginning.
Is this true?
If so, do these 'natural grains in the leather' marks increase in time, or is this something that is just there truly from the beginning and I wont get more of these marks anymore?
I own several patent leather items (bags, pouches, not necessarily in Chanel) but they are all in black, so I guess even if it was true, I wouldnt have been able to see the spots at all.

I know first hand that the stains or marks on patent leather is impossible to remove, so I wanted to know what I'm up against before making any moves!!

Thanks!

Last edited:
These are the tiny black spots I'm talking about!
Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• Capture+_2016-04-03-18-57-55-1.png
    Capture+_2016-04-03-18-57-55-1.png
    263.4 KB · Views: 1,540
Last edited:
I think the pics can't tell much difference but thought I'll share on the cleanser I'm using for my patent. Before and after. It's gives the bag a good clean and a uniform shine (at least that's what I see in real life :P ).

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462261976.755157.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462261994.983701.jpg

Reactions: xwm
These are the tiny black spots I'm talking about!
Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you!
dots? i dont notice any spots on my hot pink boy. Maybe you should go to the store yourself and ask the SA, just incase seller trying to scam you or something...
I think the pics can't tell much difference but thought I'll share on the cleanser I'm using for my patent. Before and after. It's gives the bag a good clean and a uniform shine (at least that's what I see in real life [emoji14] ).

View attachment 3345970
View attachment 3345971
What brand? looks really shiny, but do you apply is on the straps?

dots? i dont notice any spots on my hot pink boy. Maybe you should go to the store yourself and ask the SA, just incase seller trying to scam you or something...

What brand? looks really shiny, but do you apply is on the straps?

The bottle is shown in first pic.
No I don't apply on the strap so far but I guess I could.

Hello,

I have a beautiful pair of patent leather ballerinas but I can't seem to break them in. I've worn them about 3 times so far and they are incredibly stiff and give me blisters and bleeding (!!) even with tights!

I might have gotten them a half size too small, they fit perfectly when its chilly but when my feet swell a bit they are very tight.

I never wear them barefoot but I'd like to be able to last at least an evening in them, they are beautiful but if I walk in them its impossible.

How can I break them in gently to avoid excessive wear to the look of the patent leather itself?

Thanks so much for anyhelp!

image.jpg image.jpg I just got a preloved patent Mini which had quite a few marks on it. I used a hand sanitizing gel by The Body Shop and rubbed the marks with a q tip. It totally removed some black scuffs, see attached pics (they're in the wrong order obviously )

Reactions: Stratford
How d
thanks for the advice. i found an internet site that does amazing work on purses. it's called margarets in so cal. i am going to send my bag there and see if they can do anything. i read that chanel often sends them stuff to fix.
How did it go with Margaret's? Can you post a before after? I'm trying to get a stain out from my Gucci patent leather and looking to try them.

View attachment 3496495 Sorry for a double post, but here's a before/after pic of the worst mark on my bag. I rubbed it really hard with q tips dipped in hand sanitizer and I think it's a little better now.
Wow your bag looks a lot better after! I'm looking for a way to remove some dot spots on my vintage Chanel in color orange. It's quite visible and annoying although not very. I'll try your method and will post it here once it's done!

20170718_182135.jpg 20170718_182128.jpg 20170718_182110.jpg I have a patent leather Chanel GST and I wonder what is the best way to clean this bag? The bag has been sitting in the dust bag for quite a long time. Just water or should I use any soap?

Hi everyone,

I just got a cute ivory patent clutch off of Ebay and while the seller said there were some minor marks on the bag, its actually quite substantial. The marks look like black ink. Does anyone know how I can remove the marks safely? I am so bummed...

I used some Goof Off very sparingly. Worked like a charm.